Mounting ladders to the rear door of a van

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by brettarider, Oct 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

I want to mount a ladder to the back of the van however not wanting to pay silly money for a proper one I was thinking of using a section of the ladder I've got instead does anyone know if you can buy brackets or clamps to do this? I've seen a couple of van's recently with what likes looks to be such a type of bracket designed specifically for what I'm trying to do.

2. Threaded bar, cut to size with nuts and washers, pref nyloc nuts, you could probably use a section of loft ladder.

3. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Cheers Vinnie a simple idea a few penny washers would be good to use hopefully have a ladder tomorrow. I was thinking along the lines of a bracket withe the back drilled to the door and the arms drilled into Hebrides of the ladder.

4. Somewhere like Toolstation or Screwfix is a good bet, if you want to invest a couple of quid more, you can get the gear in stainless steel.

Out of curiosity, what is the shower running from?

5. Aren't you a member of the camping group? PM legs and join. Happybonzo is good for such questions so a PM to him may be useful

6. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Planning to run the shower via a paloma boiler and a 12vlt Whale pump from an underslung water tank the set up already works just need to shorten the run of hose from the tank to the pump as its at the max limit at the moment and has a bend in it whichbstops it working correctly.