Mounties on Horseguards 23rd May

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by fairy_nuff, May 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just looked at the forecast for May's Guard change and it looks as though the Mounties will be mounting the Queen's Guard (remember this is current affairs and not the NAAFI on WEDNESDAY 23RD MAY 11am ONLY not from 20th May. Seems a long way to come for one day though. Sorry about the previous duff info blame Trooping Admin!

2. Thank you. I will dust off the bus pass and go to look at them.

3. Someone in Londist played a blinder with the colonies, didn't they? 'Hello, would you like the great honour of guarding the Queen's house sometime this year? You would? Great, we'll send you the bumf.'

Less public duties to go around = more happy soldiers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Excellent. What a spectacle that will be. As a kid, I was so nuts about the The Mounties, that my parents got me a replica Mounties uniform for Xmas that I probably wore in bed. God knows where they got it from. However, that was their No 1 dress. You should see their working dress.... pure traffic warden.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Is this working dress?

Genuinely don't know, it doesn't look too bad.

Attached Files:

• RCMP.jpg
      RCMP.jpg
      File size:
      117.7 KB
      Views:
  6. Apart from that ****ing hat!

7. Point of order - the Mounties are, erm, mounting the Queen's LIFE Guard so they can play with their gee gees.

[h=1]Backgrounder - RCMP Participation in Celebrations of Her Majesty’s Diamond Jubilee[/h]
    • The year 2012 marks the 60th Anniversary of Her Majesty as Queen and Head of State of Canada. To celebrate the Diamond Jubilee, special programs are being launched throughout her entire Commonwealth including Canada.
    • In Canada, Kevin MacLeod, Canadian Secretary to the Queen, leads the Diamond Jubilee Advisory Committee. The RCMP is working in collaboration with the Department of Canadian Heritage as well as various provincial and municipal organizations.
    • Through the years, the RCMP has enjoyed a particularly close relationship with Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The Queen is Honorary Commissioner of the RCMP and her son, His Royal Highness, The Earl of Wessex is Honorary Deputy Commissioner. The RCMP has presented the Queen with four horses, Police Service Horse (PSH) Burmese in 1969, PSH Centenial (sic) in 1973, PSH James in 1998 and PSH George in 2009. In turn, the Queen presented the RCMP with a horse named Golden Jubilee in 2002.
    • In 2009, the RCMP received a golden Labrador named Suzanna from Her Majesty the Queen. Suzanna was presented by His Royal Highness The Earl of Wessex.
    • As a world-renowned symbol of Canada, the Musical Ride will represent Canada by participating in several events to celebrate her Majesty’s Diamond Jubilee year, both in the United Kingdom and at home, including performances at the Royal Windsor Horse Show, the Diamond Jubilee Pageant, and participation in the Mounting of the Queen’s Life Guard, the first time since taking part in the Coronation of King George VI in 1937.
    • Most of the cost for the participation of the Musical Ride (i.e. costs of moving the horses, feeding and caring for them, members’ accommodation, fleet vehicle use, etc.) will be covered by the RCMP Foundation and in-kind by the host organization.
    • The Musical Ride will perform at the Hannoveraner Veeband in Verden, Germany on May 4 and give two shows daily at the Devon County Show (U.K.) May 17, 18 and 19.
    • On May 23, Musical Ride members will participate in the Mounting of the Queen’s Life Guard, the first time since marching in the Coronation of King George VI in 1937. The female members of the Musical Ride will be the first women acting in such a role.

Backgrounder - RCMP Participation in Celebrations of Her Majesty’s Diamond Jubilee - Royal Canadian Mounted Police

8. People in glass houses!

Attached Files: