Mountain Biking

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by soldierZ, Nov 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    I'm big in to biking (Downhill/Freeride). I heard that there's a cycling club in the army, anyone deal with them? any good?
    Also hopefully if i get into sandhurst would I be able to bring my bike and piss off at weekends and go biking? I forgot to ask this stuff when I met the advisor at my afco 8O

cheers

2. sounds like my kind of shit. im actually a boy stout, guinness is my weakness.

3. There is a cycling club.....but they don't accept riders with stabilisers.soz

4. IF you get through Sandhurst, THEN think about riding at weekends. Until then, be concerned about getting through Sandhurst - it isn't exactly a 9-5 Mon-Fri course you know.

5. righto sounds about right. guess 44 weeks without it wouldnt be too bad.........

cheers!

6. You might be able to do an exped on your bike after inters, but you'll have to sell it really well, chances of you riding downhill are low, but if you go for a french style 'raid' then you might get away with it.
    When you get to Battalion you can set what you like up as the 'subby in charge of the new sport' and your soldiers will love you if you can wangle summat overseas. Shame you'll be so busy with all that sand, terrible for the chain.