• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Motorway Rant

#1
Was driving on the M62 yesterday and this old git in a green skoda was doing 50 in the middle lane (left was clear) and i was thinking what else on motorways grips your sh1t.
 
#2
So did you undertake him, cut back in front of him then slow down to 40 ?

I hate ppl who cut across from lane 3 to exit at the last minute. Ppl who are unable to join the motorway. The laws of physics dictate that if you are going the same speed as the vehicle at the side of you then you will not get out. If you are going slower then you are a hindrance. The middle lane cruisers who just sit there when there is absolutely nothing on the inside. ppl who undertake on the slip road then cut back in.
 
Z

Zarathustra

Guest
#3
People who instead of keeping their distance and a steady speed if traffic so you end up stopping and starting for 10 miles
 
#4
All of the above.........

And people who wait until you're just alongside overtaking and THEN match your speed for a few miles..

People who think they have to go out to lane three within 2 seconds of entering the motorway...

People who are under the impression that they are sooooooo speshul that when there is a lane closed for some reason and all of the other traffic has moved over so they think they are important enough to go straight past everyone and cut in the front

RANT OFF
 
#5
BMW drivers ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they need reminding that they don't own the outside lane .......and can use lane one if nothing else is in it.

nuff said,just deleted the swearing as have'nt had enough beer yet.
 
#7
Taffnp said:
So did you undertake him, cut back in front of him then slow down to 40 ?

The middle lane cruisers who just sit there when there is absolutely nothing on the inside. ppl who undertake on the slip road then cut back in.

Usually BMW drivers.......nuff said
 
#8
Taffnp said:
I thought that you had exclusive rights to the outside lane when you bought a BMW
'Tis true. Page 42 of the owners manual of of every model clearly states:

You now have part ownership of every fast lane in Europe (Note 1). Any non-BMW drivers in said lane must be treated with absolute contempt and tailgated until they pull over to the middle lane. Under no circumstances are you permitted to allow any non-BMW driver to pull out into the fast lane in front of you.

Note 1. Only non-BMW drivers refer to the fast lane as the outside lane.


:D
 
#10
I usually undertake - in my artic - then look at them with my perfected puzzled expression. They usually pull in just after I pass them.
 
#11
You leave the correct gap to allow for braking and some p3nis thinks thas a gap for them to pull out into!

I find you have to drive to accomodate other drivers or you would have about 10 RTA's a day, no one seems to know how a roundabout works nowadays and they also appear to have given up reading the floor markings or signs telling them which lane they should be in, they just drift around like their in a fcuking dodgem car!
 
#12
Roundabouts are like a curry pot all go in and something comes out. I was told that up to 12 o clock straight on so left hand lane 1 - + right lane. On big roundabouts you are supposed to peel off as you go round, however as you said no one seems to take the hint of reading the markings and just beep the horn when THEY fcuk up
 
#13
Barrack Room Lawyer said:
You leave the correct gap to allow for braking and some p3nis thinks thas a gap for them to pull out into!

I find you have to drive to accomodate other drivers or you would have about 10 RTA's a day, no one seems to know how a roundabout works nowadays and they also appear to have given up reading the floor markings or signs telling them which lane they should be in, they just drift around like their in a fcuking dodgem car!
Completely agree with you. Roads are full of complete tw@s who forgot what they learned (if they ever did) on their driver learning course (if they ever did one)
 
#14
Bonzo_Dog said:
Taffnp said:
I thought that you had exclusive rights to the outside lane when you bought a BMW
'Tis true. Page 42 of the owners manual of of every model clearly states:

You now have part ownership of every fast lane in Europe (Note 1). Any non-BMW drivers in said lane must be treated with absolute contempt and tailgated until they pull over to the middle lane. Under no circumstances are you permitted to allow any non-BMW driver to pull out into the fast lane in front of you.

Note 1. Only non-BMW drivers refer to the fast lane as the outside lane.


:D
You can easily spot a stolen BMW as that'll be the one using its indicators correctly.
 
#15
Best thing i ever got told when learning to drive

"Listen tw@t, every other tw@t out there is trying to kill you with 2 tons of metal."
"Drive with that in mind, at all times, Remember that and we may get back to camp"

Stood me in good stead for the last 20 odd years,
Everyone out there is trying to kill me *)
 
#16
Darthspud said:
Best thing i ever got told when learning to drive

"Listen tw@t, every other tw@t out there is trying to kill you with 2 tons of metal."
"Drive with that in mind, at all times, Remember that and we may get back to camp"

Stood me in good stead for the last 20 odd years,
Everyone out there is trying to kill me *)
I was taught something similar;

If you expect every other road user out there to do the worst possible thing they could do, then you won't be surprised when they do it.
 

Mr Happy

LE
Moderator
#20
Its interesting when you drive across Europe to see the different styles, the Dutch drive so close as to be called tailgating anywhere else, the Germans have heard of indicators but dont know where they are, the Swiss drive so slowly its hurts my nuts, the spanish cannot keep a constant speed, the Italians like to drive in two lanes straddling the lane markings and the Brits, IMHO, look for road rage - so much are we about good manners that the slightest infraction can cause heart attacks of incandescent rage...

The yanks all speed and are drunk.
 

Latest Threads