Motorway bridge graffiti

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Barrack Room Lawyer, Apr 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any of you who use the M25 near Gerrads X will have seen the "Give Peas a chance" written on the bridge, how do these "artists" never get seen applying their grand masterpieces. Anyone else seen any amusing "tags"?

For years a motorway footbridge close to where I live has had "SEX IN ALAN'S CAR" written on it, sadly they have now repainted it, Im sure in 1000 years archaeologist's will find it thinking its some sort of cave man stylee painting.

Give peas a chance
  2. I am sure you noticed that previously it just said "Peas". I often wondered if it was a bit of guerrilla advertising by a farmer or a plea from a dyslexic pacifist.
    Now with the new and improved "Give peas a chance" the potential for irony vs crap spelling is even greater.
  3. I know the bridge you mean.

There is another bridge, although I'm not sure if it's further round the M25, or on the M1 that used to say "Hoot 4 Hunts" and someone in the last year or 2 has changed it to "Shoot A Hunter" or something like that.
  4. Not a bridge, nor have I actually seen it, but this made me chuckle:

Apparently near to where the A1 joins the M1 in London, I may adjust my route to see it.
  5. On the tunnel support under the motorway at Lisburn was a red hand with 'Ulster Says No' motif - to which someone had added 'but the man from Del Monte say YES!'

This was back in 1989 - I like to think it's still there, but suspect that it's long gone.
  6. Looks like a Banksy effort. At least his work has some artistic talent.

Edited to say - I added my comment before I clicked on the link - at least I was right!
  7. There is a bridge that goes over the railway in Abergele in North Wales that says "Free Rhodesia" how long has this been here and you wonder why we think our council tax is wasted!
  8. One interesting piece of graffiti I saw last week in a railway station, stated in 3 foot high letters "FREE FRTIZL". Good drills.
  9. Supposedly, just outside London someone had painted:

A few weeks later the last word was crossed out and GIRLS substituted.

Weeks went by , then underneath the graffiti was painted

'WHAT ABOUT US GRILS?' :eek:
  10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

The's one on the side of a flyover in East Belfast as you come off the Bangor A2 which is a tribute to John Peel;"Teenage Kicks...)
    Been there since his death.
  11. Best one I saw was when some wag changed the graffiti on a bridge of the M40 saying "Keep Britain Farming" to "Keep Britain Farting"
  12. I've been trying to find it online, but there was a photo in an old issue of National Lampoon's Magazine: on the overpass, spanning about 70', in big block letters: "I LOVE YOU SWEATHEART"
  13. I once had a wet, pizza advertisement leaflet stick to my bonnet whilst driving along a motorway. Does that count?