Motorcycle Theft

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Motorcycle theft is becoming big business, apart from the chimps in London riding around on scooters and armed with cordless angle grinders and hammers, there seems to be an array of gangs hitting different areas
one possibility is that they are staying in a hotel or guest house, and either using local thieves or paying for knowledge
often one area seems to get hit, recently Bristol has suffered a spate of thefts
sometimes a car is seen in the same locations and the motorcycles then ridden away otherwise its a van and in the back quick and away
they are not afraid to threaten members of the public with hammer and axes
hopefully if the police cannot sort them out the public will take direct action
one nasty case was last night, a rare military motorcycle and cradle
image below
it might just catch your eye
recently Scum stole a valuable 1950s Triumph and ransomed it, when the owner did not pay they torched it ?
1518911841175.png

Link to the stolem motorcycle website

Motorcycle STOLEN!
if you like me ride a motorcycle, make sure it is well secured and out of sight if possible,
Alarms and Disc locks do not seem to stop them

Last edited:
at work one of the young lads used to come in on a honda c50, the local neds who lurked on push bikes had all expressed an interest in having it away

One Friday afternoon it kicked off, when all 7 stone of ned was caught lurking too close & the dutch courage of a couple of cans of fosters loosing his lips too much,

I'm fooking nicking that... (he bellowed due to drinking of fizzy piss in the street,) in the entrance hallway, I shoved him out the building with force & he landed on the bonnet of van with arms flapping so smacked him about the head a couple of time

His mate who lived at the pickey camp came charging in, only to back off quickly as a colleague offered to twat him with a hammer,

Police where called but could not be arsed to attend, Monday morning police get in touch, the pair of divs went into the local station to make a complaint & got nicked for criminal damage for kicking off at the station, later in the week I saw the lad I had on the bonnet his right eye was closed up & cheek was all sticking out.

It was many yrs ago, but I kept a VHS video of the cctv but have nothing to play it on,

Motorcycle theft is becoming big business, apart from the chimps in London riding around on scooters and armed with cordless angle grinders and hammers, there seems to be an array of gangs hitting different areas
one possibility is that they are staying in a hotel or guest house, and either using local thieves or paying for knowledge
often one area seems to get hit, recently Bristol has suffered a spate of thefts
sometimes a car is seen in the same locations and the motorcycles then ridden away otherwise its a van and in the back quick and away
they are not afraid to threaten members of the public with hammer and axes
hopefully if the police cannot sort them out the public will take direct action
one nasty case was last night, a rare military motorcycle and cradle
image below
it might just catch your eye
recently Scum stole a valuable 1950s Triumph and ransomed it, when the owner did not pay they torched it ?
View attachment 322733

Link to the stolem motorcycle website
if you like me ride a motorcycle, make sure it is well secured and out of sight if possible,
Alarms and Disc locks do not seem to stop them
Are the stolen bikes being parted out, or they shipping them over to Europe?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
a few buildings have been raided by the old bill, and found to contain parts, but otherwise little trace
I presume they are either breaking them for spares or shifting them outside the UK
could also be a dodgy bike breaker involved, although given the way they have to keep records not so likely now
about 25 years ago the Police caught a gang nicking classic bikes and selling the parts off, but they do not have the resources now
also Council Estate yobs are getting in on the act, so few police, and people are frightened off them, and many social housing estates seem to have a code of silence, if you speak to the old bill their si always some nasty little bit of work who cant wait to blab to the scum
having been a victim more than once, I am less than polite, its no good ringing the police, they will not arrive in time to stop it
Snowflakes keep saying dont risk your life for your property its insured and it will be replaced !!!
I got into a heated argument with one such cretin, especially when I pointed out that my insurance doubled for the next 5 years, so effectively I paid, and you dont get the same vehicle back
I pointed out to him that I work hard for my possessions, and unlike him I pay a mortgage and tax
his flippant comment about its just kids nicking a few pushbikes really set me off and I went for him in a shop full of people
it starts of with pushbikes, then motorcycle then cars
and some one has to pay

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Vans and transits seem to be the favoured method. At one stage almost every Harley in the south was a q plate. Not so now, These days almost everyone has their bikes well secured and more importantly out of sight.

When selling. An old friend has a habit of taking a *shot of anyone who comes to view, and the vehicle. If anyone says anything, most don’t, he explains he’s OCD and his worsening condition has meant he’s selling the machine.

It confuses most of them so much, he usually gets away with it.

Edit* photographs with phone

Last edited:

There is a vast collectors market amongst the rich of US, Russia and China. A lot of historical artifacts and artwork of every description are shipped to those locations - no need to worry about questions of provenance, etc.

Two scrotes tried to nick a neighbours bike a few years ago, big fast blue and silver Suzuki thing. What they didn't expect was a rather large lunatic to come flying out of the front door swinging a sledgehammer at them.

The blokes bike is chained front and rear, locks through the wheels and is now covered by cctv.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
An old friend of mine made a fortune, buying old BSAs nobody ( everyone) wanted. He broke them up and sold them. Making a fortune in the process. He may well have pioneered the bike breaking business.
He got death threats over a trident and a gold star. No sentiment everything had a price.

The business model was later used in another friends shop. He had a complete upstairs floor full of Suzuki gt 250 bits.

The only problem was there were no gt 250s in Belfast. ( they’d all been broken)