Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motorcycle security advice.

Use Motorbike Locks.

Perhaps the simplest and most visible deterrent, are large motorcycle chain locks or motorcycle cable locks. These should always be secured to an immovable object, such as a ground anchor, a lamppost, or another bike. ... That's why most bikers will own a disk lock as well as have an alarmimmobiliser.

Indian spammer: post reported.

ColdWarWorrier

Old-Salt
I had a Honda Pan European that lived in my garage when not being used. I sold it to a mate who had to park it in the street outside his house. He ‘secured’ it with a BFO chain, disc lock and had a large cover on it too.

Within a week it was gone. A neighbour’s CCTV camera showed a truck with a crane on the back pull up alongside late one night. One of the scrotes on board jumped out, wrapped a strop around it and lifted onto the back and was away in less than a minute.

Unfortunately, the quality of the CCTV was not good enough to read the number plate.

Local police said it was probably stolen to order (no shit, Sherlock) and would have been stripped down for parts by the time my mate noticed it had gone.

I had a Honda Pan European that lived in my garage when not being used. I sold it to a mate who had to park it in the street outside his house. He ‘secured’ it with a BFO chain, disc lock and had a large cover on it too.

Within a week it was gone. A neighbour’s CCTV camera showed a truck with a crane on the back pull up alongside late one night. One of the scrotes on board jumped out, wrapped a strop around it and lifted onto the back and was away in less than a minute.

Unfortunately, the quality of the CCTV was not good enough to read the number plate.

Local police said it was probably stolen to order (no shit, Sherlock) and would have been stripped down for parts by the time my mate noticed it had gone.
Unfortunately, unless these BFO chains are secured to something (even a lamp post or floor anchor) then if a determined scrote wants it they'll get it.

Personally, more than one lock & a tracker helps too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

gippos have transit with a crane that lays flat along the side, rather than stacked behind the cab, most people never notice it
Pans are worth a lot of money in bits
all of my vehicles are tracked, costs me dosh, but its personal between me and the thief
a workmate paid 18 grand for a car, bloody great volvo thing, told him to get a tracker, oh no its insured he laughed
hes not bloody laughing now 8 months later insurance settlement for 12 grand

Latest Threads