Motorbiking - Chinese style.

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by BuggerAll, Apr 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

china bike.jpg Picture paints a thousand words.

2. My money is on it being photo shopped.

3. Yep similar seen here too although your pic has the most people - Guinness book of records attempt? Lets hope it isn't a Hongda motorbike (Chinese copy of Honda), you can bend the handlebars on those just by pulling on them.

4. Smudge, definitely not photoshopped, if you visit the Philippines I have seen 12 on a tricycle (50cc 2 stroke moped with sidecar arrangement). and the shopping, bags of rice and chickens mounted on the roof of the sidecar.

Attached Files:

5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I did wonder if the baby was digitally added. Most Chinese babies are usually wrapped in swaddling clothes but 8 on a bike is still a good effort.

I've seen smaller family groups. I'm not a big fan of riding pillion although I used to use m/c taxis in China because it was a) cheap b) fun. I always wondered about the girls riding side saddle.

6. The baby and bucket looks photoshopped, the others may well be real.

7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

While we are on the subject of Chinky bikes. I bought one about 6 months ago and it's ace.

£900 brand new. Cheap insurance, and does about a million miles per gallon. So far it hasn't given me any mechanical jip and all the parts are copies of KTM EXC (Wheels, suspension, sprockets, running gear, plastics) or Honda CRF (Engine, gearbox, electrics) so they are easily available and interchangable if they break. Alternatively the factory in China seem happy enough to send new parts over for next to nothing.

It's pretty much the same as the one being discussed below, but mine's badged as an SMC instead of a Galaxy, it's black and has road tyres and wheels and mine didn't come with the sexy red hubs:

Galaxy XTR250F Enduro - ::. UKGSer.com .::

I can highly recommend it.

8. Have you tried bending the handlebars yet?

9. Ravers

It wasn't the first thing that sprang to mind no. I have tried jumping it over large speed bumps though, which it does very nicely, without any bendage.

900 miles in and it's running sweet as.

10. Glad to hear it and long may it continue to give you good service. I wasn't joking about the Hongda bike though. I saw one over here and gave it the handle bar test. I was able to bend it with relative ease.

11. Ravers

I had a Chunlan Starway when I was 16. Horrible Chinese copy of a Honda Vision that I bought from the Littlewoods catalogue as it was the only place that would give a 16 year old credit. You could bend pretty much any part of that, including the handlebars.

Luckily it was stolen.

12. I got a 125 Beat scooter from here 2 years ago..... Scooters Motorcycles & Parts Northeast Griffs scooters Com - 125cc Motorcycles done 3000 miles on it, no problems, 4 stroke, automatic, drive on a car lisencse.

Again, I was told it's Honda technology, had no real issues with it, just used for pleasure, getting out on the B roads.

Prices have shot up though, mine only cost less than £900, I actually saw it as an advert on this site, I'd given up the idea of 2 wheels, it's about £3000 for a Vespa, and there was no way I would have paid that.....

13. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

No but you could get an LML which is a liecence built Vespa apart from the badges and better build quailty for nearly 1K less. Piaggio group are reintroducing the PX due to the amount of sales of the LML
    LML STAR 2t vintage, eddy bullet