Motorbike stereo systems

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by mac5543, Jun 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys,

I currently have a 2000 model Honda Deauville which I have installed the Honda Stereo System, some years ago, which fits nicely in one of the rear panniers. It comes with the control box on the handlebars and a plug in for my helmet. Unfortunately it only comes with a radio and I am looking to change this for something more up to date which I can operate with CD, MP3/4, radio, ability to really turn the sound up and also still be able to take calls on my phone as I'm riding.

I have trawled the net for something suitable but not being a techno type of chap it is all a bit confusing. Is there anyone here who could give this numpty some good advice as to what can or can't be done and to what I should be buying to install? This would also include helmet fittings etc.

Many thanks

2. Mac, save yourself a lot of grief and get a Bluetooth system. I have a Garmin SatNav which will link my phone when required, tell me how to get back home when I have wandered off into the wilderness and it is MP4. With a 4GB flash card I have thousands of old man songs to listen to. No wires to you helmet either.

3. Bluetooth? "We don't need no stinkin' bluetooth (teeth?)"

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yuo Da Man,You Da Man,JJH 8)
  5. Thanks RG,

Because I have become a lazy sod then I'm looking to get the whole package including helmets in one go and I have the same - loads of proper music to listen to unlike todays BOOM, BOOM rubbish :)
  6. JJ,

Superb. I need to get one of those :)