Motorbike riding in Germany

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by isongard, Mar 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any suggestions on where to go for a ride out here in germany?

2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Whereabouts are you?

3. if u are at jhq then head towards belgium through the hills!!!!

4. All depends where you are. Stay of the autobahns, they're dull and there's always some lunatic willing to sit on your number plate with his indicator on.

5. i am up in elmpt

6. Get down the 61 to the Ring. The ride in to the circuit along the B257 (or B2258) is a dream. There are great roads down in the Eiffel, and across the border in the Ardennes, but the cops are a bit keen. The roads around Elmpt are sh1te. We used to do the "GP52" which involved a couple of laps of the cloverleaf on the 52/61 intersection, then up to Venlo for a couple of circuits of the huge roundabout on the border.

7. I had the pleasure of a ride out down to the area fairly close to the ring and the roads where full of twisties its a shame that the area around elmpt is as you say shite

8. Lmao... Why is it that us bike riders cant resist that damn clover leaf...

Clover leaf's (or is it leaves?) are like Recce's.. Time spent on them is rarely time wasted!!!

:D

9. Can't recommend a trip to the Ring enough. The B257 & B258 are a twisty pleasure and the Ring it's self is a joy. It feels very much like poking the grim reaper with a stick and running away. If you are looking for a weekend out and a good introduction to the ring give these guys a call http://www.slidersguesthouse.com/
    They are a friendly pair of nutters and Bren "ex RAF" holds the unofficial bike record for a lap 7 mins 32 secs. Not at all slow for 21 K and 74 corners. Suzie, Bren's missus drove us back from the Pistenclause down the B258 at 110 in a old transit van. Many grand chuckles are to be had down there and you are only a couple of hours away from Belgium and all the Kwak you can get down you.

10. our motorbike club in elmpt is having an open day on the 28th April all those interested are more than welcome to come along

11. Anywhere near Bielefeld then Bad Pyrmont needs to be visited!!

Any directions required PM me...

12. When I lived at Werl I used to go down to the Mohnesse. There were always loads of bikers down there, mainly on Harley's. It seemed a biker hot-spot in good weather. Give it a go if its not to far. It's not to far from Dortmund or Soast.

BT. :D

13. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

My patch is further south: Pfalzer wald, Odenwald, Alsace (obviously). Also track days at Hockenheim, Nring (both GP circuit and Nordschliefe) and Anneau du Rhin.
    Anyone needs info ping me.

14. hi all im soon to be moving to germany RAF Bruggen and will be looking to buy a motorbike. is there anywhere u can get tax free/discounted bikes.

anyhelp on this would be great as i cannot find anything on the internet

cheers jase!

15. hi could u PM ur ext number for the club please

cheers jase!