Motorbike Recommendations Please

Honda Fire Blade
View attachment 389201
Only as it's the bike I have only heard of......get one of these much safer!!
View attachment 389202
And when it is cold and heavy rain just put on the heated seats & set the wipers quicker
If you do a google image search, my Fireblade shows up. I sold it at the end of 2017. A great bike but I found that I was riding around with the red mist every time and no longer enjoying hooning everywhere, what do I have to prove?
blade.jpeg

So I just fancy something I can tour on, commute on and stay comfortable without having to do 100mph + to enjoy it.

If you do a google image search, my Fireblade shows up. I sold it at the end of 2017. A great bike but I found that I was riding around with the red mist every time and no longer enjoying hooning everywhere, what do I have to prove?
View attachment 389207

So I just fancy something I can tour on, commute on and stay comfortable without having to do 100mph + to enjoy it.
So you either admit you are a Chromosexual and buy a Harley or you are ideal Moto Guzzi material.
Any of the California's made in the last twenty years would do.
Bullet proof, superb handling and 135 mph if you need it.
A good owners club to join though the magazine has gone downhill.

Ta, there is a KTM in Arlington so I will pop along and have a look.
The KTM super duke is on par with a Hiyabusa (IMO) I’d get one but I value my life & licence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So you either admit you are a Chromosexual and buy a Harley or you are ideal Moto Guzzi material.
Any of the California's made in the last twenty years would do.
Bullet proof, superb handling and 135 mph if you need it.
A good owners club to join though the magazine has gone downhill.

Buy a Harley?.........Buy a Harley?...........what have I ever done to you?

Have I insulted you in some way?

Buy a Harley he says..........some words hurt..... :(

View attachment 389207

I have a lasting memory of crossing the Champs Elysee, Paris, at dark o'clock on foot with a couple of mate's, stopping to stand in the centre watching two Fireblades heading down towards me from the Arc, both pulling wheelie's.

If you are going to break the law by popping a wheelie where better than the Champ's?

Edit to add: Didn't know they were blades until they blurred past.

Buy a Harley?.........Buy a Harley?...........what have I ever done to you?

Have I insulted you in some way?

Buy a Harley he says..........some words hurt..... :(
Well at least you weren't upset by my recommending a Moto Guzzi.
Being serious quite a few of my friends have bought HD's over the last decade, I think it is an aging thing.
At 66 I am still far too young.

I have a lasting memory of crossing the Champs Elysee, Paris, at dark o'clock on foot with a couple of mate's, stopping to stand in the centre watching two Fireblades heading down towards me from the Arc, both pulling wheelie's.

If you are going to break the law by popping a wheelie where better than the Champ's?

Edit to add: Didn't know they were blades until they blurred past.
I once did the Paris Pheripherique (however you spell it) on a ZX12R
Followed a foreign bloke on a Busa through heavy traffic at 100 plus, it was a bit of a rush tbh and I stayed on it for much longer than need be.

Power limits on bikes in France (at that time, not sure if it still applies) made high powered bikes a bit of a novelty and the ZX12R got crowd looking at it every time it was parked up including FrogPlod taking a serious interest in it.
Same bike clocked 205mph through central Spain, Guardia Civil got a bit tetchy with me outside Barcelona for popping a wheelie away from the toll booths.

Well at least you weren't upset by my recommending a Moto Guzzi.
Being serious quite a few of my friends have bought HD's over the last decade, I think it is an aging thing.
At 66 I am still far too young.
I always say that the day I look at a Harley and say "Well actually that looks good " is the day I hang up my leathers. 60 and way too young!

I always say that the day I look at a Harley and say "Well actually that looks good " is the day I hang up my leathers. 60 and way too young!
If I was going American I would go Indian anyway. better made by far.
8 months ago 2 friends turned up at a rally on a new full dresser Indian chief.
Obviously we extracted the urine for a few minutes before asking why.
They had tried a new California 1400 and massively disliked it so were persuaded to try the Indian.
came back 3 hours later and said great but way too expensive. So they were offered a 100 mile, 3 month old trade in at much cheaper and bought it. Happy as Larry. They do have about 6 bikes to choose from including a BMW K chariot.

If I was going American I would go Indian anyway. better made by far.
8 months ago 2 friends turned up at a rally on a new full dresser Indian chief.
Obviously we extracted the urine for a few minutes before asking why.
They had tried a new California 1400 and massively disliked it so were persuaded to try the Indian.
came back 3 hours later and said great but way too expensive. So they were offered a 100 mile, 3 month old trade in at much cheaper and bought it. Happy as Larry. They do have about 6 bikes to choose from including a BMW K chariot.
To be fair I have never riden a cruiser but like a Cadilac Escalade type vehicle, they just don't light my fire.
Glad they enjoy it.

To be fair I have never riden a cruiser but like a Cadilac Escalade type vehicle, they just don't light my fire.
Glad they enjoy it.
20 years ago a friend picked up a nail in his rear tyre in a 750 Nevada (a mini cruiser).
He came back with us as a pillion and then he went out in his van to pick up the rear tyre to get a new tube fitted.
I went out with him in his van so I could tide it back. I was not happy about this as I have never ridded a cruiser before.
I went first so he would have to travel at my slow pace.
Half an hour later I was at his place waiting for him as I had a ball riding the bike.
Guzzi cruisers don't hang about if off the superslabs and I now own the Breva 750 as a result.

I have a friend who is rebuilding one.
His comments on the original build quality are interesting.
Ouch... :)
In our defence, we were basically fitters, just assembling them from parts from factory shelves. And when Malcolm designed and built the first ones, he did so in a cowshed (literally, I visited there when he was building the Phasar).

Ouch... :)
In our defence, we were basically fitters, just assembling them from parts from factory shelves. And when Malcolm designed and built the first ones, he did so in a cowshed (literally, I visited there when he was building the Phasar).
I will pass that on.
No criticism intended btw.
My friend is an ex computer programmer, a self employed gardener and a brilliant metal worker whose bikes etc are moded to a very high standard.
Hopefully I will post picies on here when it is finished.
Finally about 30 years ago I was on a dual carriageway doing about 90 on my Mk III Le Mans and feeling very pleased with myself when the Cibié Phasar blasted past me at about 20 mph more.
Impressive wasn't good enough for the way it was being used.