Motorbike problems

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by DarkCloud, May 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I recently bought myself an AJS EOS 125, Ive had it for about 3 weeks but due to work I havnt been able to use it at all so it has sat around gathering cobwebs. Today I tried to start it and it fired up straight away. The problem is that it sounds like it is revving up massively and its far too loud, also there is lots of smoke coming from underneath the engine and by the radiator (I think thats what it is). Does anyone know what is the problem or how it can be fixed?

Cheers

2. Cracked exhaust?

3. +1. The OP doesn't seem too mechanically minded, so it might be a better idea to take the bike to someone who knows.

4. Cheap chinese shite.

Believe me when I say that its cheaper to spend more money on a decent bike.

Go for a second hand yammie ybr if 125's are your thing.

I've a yzf r125 . You can pick them up for 2Kish now and they are spot on.

Handle traffic well. Overtake comfortably and still do near 100mpg ever ragging the arse off it.

5. Appears to be for dry weather use only, so not much use in the UK:

6. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

And it gets worse, nylon tyres f.a. use in the damp never mind the wet. Scary brakes (they don't). The hoses crack and leak and the cables are well, wick.
    Good news is if you survive and pass your test you'll be able to ride anything.
    Good luck

7. Top tip when buying any kind of vehicle. If it is your first one, take someone with at least a little knowlege and experience. These sort of bikes are pretty much just toys. As above, better to get a used "brand name" bike than a new mystery-metal POS.