Motivational / Running Music

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by noize, Aug 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Running everyday right now prepping for upcoming ADSC - (well, 6 out of 7 ain't too bad ^_^) and I'm getting sick of listening to the same songs.

What would you all recommend as a motivational or just plain good track to run to?

(for the love of all that is holy please don't say 'Survivor - Eye of the tiger' or 'Paul Stanley - Live to Win)
  2. You wont have songs during Phase 1 or 2 so I suggest you get used to not having songs at all.
  3. No shit. I was hoping they'd blast out a bit of maiden whilst I did PT. :(

I can run without music, It's just I enjoy exercising (believe it or not) to music.
  4. In Pirbright when i was there the PTIs would play music in the Gym sessions, but it was the usual kind of stuff you hear boy racers blast in their cars, so nothing as good as Maiden etc.
  5. Heh - Did it make you all 'push the limits'?

I was hoping for more actual song suggestions by people on this thread tbh!
  6. 307

307 War Hero

Marilyn Manson - The New Shit
    Seether - No Jesus Christ
    Eagles of Death Metal - I Want You So Hard
    Coal Chamber - Sway
    Lil Wayne - Drop The World
    Electric Six - Gay Bar
    The Isley Brothers - Keep On Doin
    Fallout Boy - Dance' Dance

I've got Spotify premium on my iPhone and there are obviously never ending amounts of sngs n there, but also, a lot of workout play lists people have created. But Sway is the ultimate power song.
  7. I haven't listened to Coal Chamber in AGES. Good call!

(I've got Spotify Premium too but where I end up running there is no ******* signal at all :/)
  8. I always go on to youtube, find soem good tracks, then go to video to mp3 .com and downlaod them that way. Best bit is that youtube throws a whole load mroe tracks at you which similar. But I'm older than you, so a good session of happy hardcore keeps me going!
  9. 307

307 War Hero

Mate, you can save your playlists offline! go into the playlist and at the top should be the option available offline, slide across to yes, then it will sync all your songs and make them available always, also saves your data costs from streaming.
  10. Haha that'd be good, although I prefer ACDC.

Any of the big songs by them will surely get you round your run in a quick time.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. You utter don.

I hadn't realised this before now - This changes everything!
  12. 307

307 War Hero

Glad to have helped, good luck!
  13. A few i have used in the past;

Children of Bodom "Hate Crew Deathroll"
    CKY "Sink into the Underground"
    The Doors are good for long steady state runs i found
    GG Allin
  14. Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I right in thinking there are a fair few 'metallers' or the like in the forces?