Motivation

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Muppet, Nov 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I appreciate that this is a fairly vague question but I have been asked it myself and gave a fairly basic answer and would appreciate the thoughts of others, purely out of curiosity...

What motivates a man to put himself in mortal danger on the orders of another man and by extension, why do men fight for their countries? Given that patriotism seems to be in decline and almost a dirty word in some quarters is it purely "for the man next to you" or is there still some higher purpose behind armed service?

M

2. Muppet - Would you check your PM's regarding something else....

Cheers,
    Tricam

3. See Signature quote below. Can't be ARRSED to type it again.

4. "Men don't fight for their country - they fight for their mates" - Serve to Lead.

5. Hmmm...write your fcuking essay yourself Muppet or have a word with the DS about accurate formulation of the task...

In my case it was the chance to blow a shiny whistle and shout follow me chaps. I'm still waiting for them now...

6. That is all rather high minded stuff for an individual in your current employment to be considering.

I would suggest thinking about how to improve service; if I have to wait for a pint tonight, I may have to glass you.

7. Sadly Beaton has hit the nail on the head, there is currently no essay writing involved in my current employment but thank you for your insight into the world of shiny whistles.