• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Mother wins a grandchild from tomb of soldier son

Mother wins a grandchild from tomb of soldier son
Times Online
Link
Rachel Cohen was praying at her son’s grave when a call on her mobile phone brought news that she had been awaiting for four years. An Israeli court had cleared the way for her to become a grandmother.

The legal decision is unprecedented because her son, Keivin, who was shot dead by a sniper in Gaza in 2002, never knew the woman who will become the mother of his child. She was selected by a family charity and Private Cohen’s family.

A sample of the 20-year-old soldier’s sperm was taken after his death. His parents, who left Iran for Israel when Keivin was 5, petitioned a family court in Ramat Gan, near Tel Aviv, “to fulfil his desire to start a family” even though Private Cohen had never made an official request for such a judicial step.

Mrs Cohen said that she was acting as her son would have wished. “Every time I go to his grave and touch his cold tombstone I tell myself how wonderful it would be to hold a warm child in my arms instead,” she said. “For Keivin it was his soul’s desire to have children.”

OldRedCap said:
Depends on how exactly they collected the sample?
direct from his still warm balls , where else ?
there are immature sperm in there, known as spermazids same as a fully developed sperm minus tails, the only question is how long do they survive after the person dies ?

semper said:
OldRedCap said:
Depends on how exactly they collected the sample?
direct from his still warm balls , where else ?
there are immature sperm in there, known as spermazids same as a fully developed sperm minus tails, the only question is how long do they survive after the person dies ?
I think you're rather missing the point.

How bizarre i can't give the stuff away when i am alive, maybe i will have better luck when i am dead, perhaps it's because i look better in a suit with makeup but without the childish repartee.

Unbelievably selfish of the soldier's mother; its not even as if the deceased son has a widow or partner to bear the child. The poor kid will have no father and an unknown surrogate mother.

Latest Threads