Mother steals sons compensation

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by mon_colonel, Apr 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just goes to show theres some proper scumbags out there, a mother stole from her soldier sons compensation, money that he recieved due to loss of a leg in Afghanistan.

Thieving mother
  2. I would.
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Easy mistake to make when you're messing about with online banking, transferring £10,000.00 from someone elses account to your own. Anyone can do it, honest. I must have done it hundreds of times, which is why I can understand where she's coming from, the ugly cnut.
  4. How can you be sure you haven't?
  5. she didnt blow it on clothes or plastic surgery then
  6. This was done in here already was it not.

Bad hair day by the looks of it.
  7. I am not. But I still would.
  8. Sounds a bit odd, he's lost one-twentieth of his sometime assets and now can't afford to get married?
  9. While totally wrong and she needs to burn.......... after Matt has done her good and proper! :twisted:

The lad got some £200k and because his mom stole £10k there is no money for him to get married :? :?

(Dam my slow typing)
  10. Your faith in me is heartening!
  11. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Quite. Perhaps she would be surprised the find that many people manage to get married without £200,000 in the bank. It not as if he doesn't have a reasonably well paying job.
  12. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

With 200K, he has probably bought a property out right, got a new car, new wardrobe, stuff for the kid and misses. They probably had 10-20K earmarked for the wedding and made life comfortable with the rest. So if 10K was taken from him, then I can see why they can't afford to get married.
  13. Cannot agree with you mate, If they had paid for all that, he still has a well paid job and pension. I think the wedding bit is just to twist the knife on the mother.
  14. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

He is a private in the army, it isn't that well paid. Plus have you seen the cost of houses in Surrey. The chances are he could only just about buy a flat.
    His girlfriend is probably not working due to looking after the little one, so unless he is living off camp he will have singly accom and food to pay for as well as all the housing bills for at home. Not to mention food for the sprog. 200k really doesn't stretch that far these days.