Mother of All Toothaches

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by AlphaKennyThing, Mar 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As title would suggest, I'm not having fun right now. Anyone know of any pain-relief solutions that might work til I can see the man with the face drills?

So far I've considered:

- Box of Paracetamol
    - Two boxes of paracetamol
    - Chopping my own head off

2. Ibuprofen 400mg three times a day after food if that doesn't work enjoy the pain. You could phone your dentist after they have closed and they may well have out of hours cover.

3. booze !

and then more booze

4. Clove oil - pharmacies stock it - tastes revolting but works

5. Can be harmful to gums.

6. so can sweets and smoking and rigourous brushing of teeth....I'm not suggesting industrial quantities of the stuff

7. Take half a gramme of half decent charlie, add a small amount of water, then stir it to a thick paste before blasting it all over the hot spot with a cotten bud.

Put the other half up your nose and uncork some brandy and you'll have a far better night than ******* swallowing brufen and drinking tea..

8. black pepper pod put onto tooth that's giving you pain and bite down.

trust me it works.

9. I'm gonna do all these suggestions at once when I get home.

Gonna be fackin great!

10. Why would he wish to splatter his gob with a 1973 product by Revlon? And then shove it up his nose?!! You're weird, you are.

..........if you'd suggested ******* his starfish with it - well, I could understand that.

11. Could go the do-it-yourself dentistry route. Might be the way forward if you don't want to wait for an appointment with an NHS dentist. If you're fit enough you could try rollerblades or ice skates (my personal favorite). The "Twilight" theme is getting a little dated though now. [​IMG]

Them Toothless.jpg

12. Ijust had an abcess on my back tooth, twas unplesant to say the least. No help to you but Jarrods advice is the best for you. Enjoy.

13. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

leapfrog brufen and paracetamol. Each has a 4 hour cycle.
    Take Brufen at 0800, 1200, 1600 etc, Take paracetamol at 1000, 1400, 1800 etc. Do not go over dose for each.

But going see a dentist is best. If registered phone own dentist, if unregistered NHS24 or NHS direct depending on location.

If out of hours own dentist should have out of hours provision on answerphone.

14. 1. Pliers
    2. 6 bottles of Hobgoblin
    3. Deep breath
    4. Yank the poorly tooth out
    5. Cry.

Jobbed.

15. Take the maximum doses of Parcetomol & Codeine tablets (You will need to find a pharmacy open to buy this)

And: The maximum doses of Ibuprofen

And: The max doses of Aspirin (go for the soluble. The 'profen is enough punishment for your stomach)

You might find the codeine gives you a slight headache, but its better than the dental pain

Have you tried googling NHS emergency dentistry? At very least they might be able to give you something really effective like Dicloflex and some antibiotics to clear up the infection first. Then the tooth can be filled/root canalled or extracted at your leisure.