Mother of All Toothaches

As title would suggest, I'm not having fun right now. Anyone know of any pain-relief solutions that might work til I can see the man with the face drills?

So far I've considered:

- Box of Paracetamol
- Two boxes of paracetamol
- Chopping my own head off

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Ibuprofen 400mg three times a day after food if that doesn't work enjoy the pain. You could phone your dentist after they have closed and they may well have out of hours cover.

Take half a gramme of half decent charlie, add a small amount of water, then stir it to a thick paste before blasting it all over the hot spot with a cotten bud.

Put the other half up your nose and uncork some brandy and you'll have a far better night than ******* swallowing brufen and drinking tea..

Take half a gramme of half decent charlie, add a small amount of water, then stir it to a thick paste before blasting it all over the hot spot with a cotten bud.

Put the other half up your nose and uncork some brandy and you'll have a far better night than ******* swallowing brufen and drinking tea..
Why would he wish to splatter his gob with a 1973 product by Revlon? And then shove it up his nose?!! You're weird, you are.

..........if you'd suggested ******* his starfish with it - well, I could understand that.

Could go the do-it-yourself dentistry route. Might be the way forward if you don't want to wait for an appointment with an NHS dentist. If you're fit enough you could try rollerblades or ice skates (my personal favorite). The "Twilight" theme is getting a little dated though now.

Them Toothless.jpg

Ijust had an abcess on my back tooth, twas unplesant to say the least. No help to you but Jarrods advice is the best for you. Enjoy.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
leapfrog brufen and paracetamol. Each has a 4 hour cycle.
Take Brufen at 0800, 1200, 1600 etc, Take paracetamol at 1000, 1400, 1800 etc. Do not go over dose for each.

But going see a dentist is best. If registered phone own dentist, if unregistered NHS24 or NHS direct depending on location.

If out of hours own dentist should have out of hours provision on answerphone.

L

Lechies

1. Pliers
2. 6 bottles of Hobgoblin
3. Deep breath
4. Yank the poorly tooth out
5. Cry.

Jobbed.

Take the maximum doses of Parcetomol & Codeine tablets (You will need to find a pharmacy open to buy this)

And: The maximum doses of Ibuprofen

And: The max doses of Aspirin (go for the soluble. The 'profen is enough punishment for your stomach)

You might find the codeine gives you a slight headache, but its better than the dental pain

Have you tried googling NHS emergency dentistry? At very least they might be able to give you something really effective like Dicloflex and some antibiotics to clear up the infection first. Then the tooth can be filled/root canalled or extracted at your leisure.

**** all that. Give me your address, I'll send half of this bottle of Oramorph I have. I also have Tramadol, DF-118, Gabapentin and a selection of other goodies to ease the pain. =-D

You just need a rocket.

[video=youtube;BPhRiaNW4UQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPhRiaNW4UQ[/video]

(NB - don't try this in the UK unless you would like to get up close and personal with Social Services).

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
1. Pliers
2. 6 bottles of Hobgoblin
3. Deep breath
4. Yank the poorly tooth out
5. Cry.

Jobbed.
Time to get technical.
That could actually work if teh tooth has a periodontal problem. i.e. main pain coming form the fact that the tooth is moving and by that I mean moving a fair bit, every time something touches it.
If however it's a decay problem then the improper use of pliers is more likely just to shatter the crown of the tooth, leaving the roots still in situ (which may then require a surgical procedure to remove them).
You need to loosen the tooth off first before applying the pliers, perhaps a small flat bladed screw driver worked down between tooth and bone, then pliers. But make sure you get blades of pliers onto root of tooth rather than crown, less likely hood of shattering and mush better grip.
Once pliers are on, move them in a figare of eight motion until tooth becomes really loose and then try to move tooth outwards towards cheek.

I take no responsibility for anybody stupid enough to actually try and do this themselves rather than get a professional to do it.

Oh yes, have some guaze or a bit of clean cotton material ready to roll up and bite on hard for at least 3 minutes after the tooth's out to hopefully achieve haemostasis.

And if you do do it, send me some photos!

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
FF I had a patient who removed all his teeth with pliers, then he was quite mad and I had one remove an eye with a spoon, something to do with a bit of the Bible that said cast out thine own eye apparently. We had to get rid of the goldfish on the ward, they kept eating them.

Time to get technical.
That could actually work if teh tooth has a periodontal problem. i.e. main pain coming form the fact that the tooth is moving and by that I mean moving a fair bit, every time something touches it.
If however it's a decay problem then the improper use of pliers is more likely just to shatter the crown of the tooth, leaving the roots still in situ (which may then require a surgical procedure to remove them).
You need to loosen the tooth off first before applying the pliers, perhaps a small flat bladed screw driver worked down between tooth and bone, then pliers. But make sure you get blades of pliers onto root of tooth rather than crown, less likely hood of shattering and mush better grip.
Once pliers are on, move them in a figare of eight motion until tooth becomes really loose and then try to move tooth outwards towards cheek.

I take no responsibility for anybody stupid enough to actually try and do this themselves rather than get a professional to do it.

Oh yes, have some guaze or a bit of clean cotton material ready to roll up and bite on hard for at least 3 minutes after the tooth's out to hopefully achieve haemostasis.

And if you do do it, send me some photos!
Thnx for the tip it worked a feckin treat. The double molar was a bit of a bastard as the roots had fused.

Latest Threads