Mother Natures Revenge

#1
With squaddies having served in all the World's most hostile natural environments, and in
the spirit of the eye watering 'worst pain' thread, what is the worst thing the Flora and
Fauna have inflicted on you?
Hoping for horrific tales of snakes, scorpions, mahoosive spiders, parasites, disease and
things that crawl up your knob..
 
#3
Micawber said:
With squaddies having served in all the World's most hostile natural environments, and in
the spirit of the eye watering 'worst pain' thread, what is the worst thing the Flora and
Fauna have inflicted on you?
Hoping for horrific tales of snakes, scorpions, mahoosive spiders, parasites, disease and
things that crawl up your knob..


I am of the thought this would be best in the NAAFI?
 
#5
On a x-country run in Catterick, running through woods down by the Swale, I stopped to let someone catch up with me. Felt a prickling sensation on my legs and looked down to see I'd stopped on top of some sort of wasps/hornets nest and the little feckers were all over me. As sole female on Gaza Barracks (apart from NAAFI staff) at that time, cue medics lining up volunteering to extract stings.



I had good legs back then, they'd be running in the other direction now...
 
#6
Grey_Mafia65 said:
On a x-country run in Catterick, running through woods down by the Swale, I stopped to let someone catch up with me. Felt a prickling sensation on my legs and looked down to see I'd stopped on top of some sort of wasps/hornets nest and the little feckers were all over me. As sole female on Gaza Barracks (apart from NAAFI staff) at that time, cue medics lining up volunteering to extract stings.



I had good legs back then, they'd be running in the other direction now...
Your legs or the medics? :p

You might get in touch with OFH - he seems "appreciative" :lol:
 
#7
Gren said:
Micawber said:
With squaddies having served in all the World's most hostile natural environments, and in
the spirit of the eye watering 'worst pain' thread, what is the worst thing the Flora and
Fauna have inflicted on you?
Hoping for horrific tales of snakes, scorpions, mahoosive spiders, parasites, disease and
things that crawl up your knob..


I am of the thought this would be best in the NAAFI?
I am of the thought this would be best in The HOLE!
 
#10
I once got a Grass cut on my thumb which hurt like a bastard while walking to the NAAFI bar in Akrotiri.
 
#11
Got bitten by, an otter - UK , big milipeed thing (six inches long and as thick as my thumb )- Kenya , millions of midges - Scotland, big black beetle - Tanzania . Must learn to control my impulse to pick things up or try and get a closer look.
 
#13
Woke up in Kuwait one morning with a Scorpion making its way back out of my Bivi bag. He must have heard the call of stand to before me as he was already suited and booted and pottered off to his fire position............ Before we killed him with a H83 Container.
 
#14
Whilst stationed at JHQ with MND(C) many moons ago, we were out on a little cross country run around the woods. A certain officer decides to be cheeky and take a bit of a shortcut so he can catch up with the pack. He disturbed some hawk (or huge fookin eagle as he described it) which then took the opportunity to attack him and claw his baldy nut pretty severely. We thought some mad axe murderer had had a pop at him in the woods!!
 
#15
Once whilst poking a wasp's nest with a broom handle one of the little feckers zapped me on the top of my head felt like i had a nail knocked into me.

I'd like to say this was when i was a little kid, but was a month ago whilst bored at work and i really am old enough to know better! :oops:
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads