Mother daughter reunion

Stop me if i am wrong, please! Very promptly!

Am i right to be pissed off with the comments below the article?

"All very PC, but her first duty is to her child.

- Jack Macguire, Ipswich, UK"

B

Bottleosmoke

Once again I am disappointed by a thread with an exciting title, but we arn't in the NAAFI I suppose.

SparkySteve said:

I'm not a dad but no matter what happens i'd say family comes first!

She's chosen the army as her career so what should she do
a. Take the rough with the smooth and do ops when they come up?

b. Take the smooth and as soon as th erough comes along resign her commission?

I have always been against women in the army fro the reason here but as she has chosen to stay I'm glad to see that she's done the right thing.

So what about a guy then? Should he not put his family first too if that is the case? I think the fact that she is teaching her child some work ethics is a good thing. One less 15 year old chav with a kid for my taxes to pay for!

If everyones children came first, feck all would get done

Good effort to her, she looks quite tidy as well, shouldn't pioneers have beards though

thegimp said:

Good effort to her, she looks quite tidy as well, shouldn't pioneers have beards though
Okay then. Your kids on a death bed and so is a lad in your section. Do you stay in theatre or come home... I rest my case!

Well done to her.

Her first duty is to her child - earning a living , doing her job, earning her daughter's respect, setting an example of service, being brave and then coming home, giving her a big hug and making up for lost time. Her daughter will probably grow up to be equally responsible.

Crass, stupid comments from people who would presumably prefer she resigned and went on the dole and lived in a council flat. Look at the little girl's face and decide for yourself if she has been neglected.

thegimp said:

No to beards for RLC Pioneers. Yes to beards for Pioneer Platoon Sgt in the Infantry.

SparkySteve said:

What Jack failed to realise was that she already knew that. Its not like the ankle biter was in a box under the stairs for 6 months FFS! She performed her first duty by ensuring her daughter was well cared for pre tour something most have to do with ever increasing numbers of working mums.

She has taught her child sound values in life, or should all parents be exempt Mil life, Being travelling salesmen, working in Central London and commuting at weekends, working nights the list goes on.

Good to see the Pioneers returning home.

thegimp said:

These pioneers are getting less grizzled these days...

although even less grizzled here..

Thats a very strong message. Single mum can actually get her arse off the couch in her council house and make a difference. Makes you wish we had more girls like this one. Well Done...

Bit of a looker - how did she get through RLC selection.

Incoming ...TAKE COVER!!!!!!