MOT Test certificate

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by polar69, May 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The wifes car is coming up for its second MOT test and for some reason she has mislaid the MOT certificate.

Do you actually "need" the certificate these days since everything is computerized ?

2. No you don't need it and don't even get a certificate anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nope, not if you do it online.

4. Just to add you get a print out on plain paper though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MOT online? That'd be interesting.

• Like Like x 5
  6. I went back and asked where it was! All stored on-line now.

7. Not as interesting as MOT by post. Like the herbert we nicked when I was plodding, 200 quid for a certificate and he'd done hundreds.

You wait till they barcode vehicles along with the reg plate, it'll all be eminently readable as you drive past a multitude of locations. A working infrastructure is already in place and all that is needed is to find a reason or excuse for the public to have to put a 2 x 8 inch barcode on the vehicle and thats it. We have the barcode thing in the USA it is used to debit your account when using toll roads so it is existing and working technology. No more scabby tax, insurance or MOT dodgers.

8. It would be interesting to see how technologically far off we are, after all we plug modern cars in to fault find.

9. Well that's ok for electrics but perhaps not so good for mechanical things.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bit of a waste of time though as it's near enough invalid when you drive off after.

11. "Now put your foot on the brake. Brake lights OK. Printing out your certificate now".

12. 'Sign here to say you've no holes in the chassis'

13. I dropped off my son to pick up his car after MoT. Followed him home and the only brake light showing was the high level one.

14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

We don' need no steenkeen bar codes. We have IP cameras. People who drive about cheating get nicked. Good. If I pay, you ******* pay.

15. Sounds fair to me