MoT failure?

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by brettarider, Dec 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just fitted a seat to a captain chair/swivel base it's now a single seat in the front of my camper as a passenger seat and has the seat belt built into it on the right hand side of the seat should the belt be fitted to the left hand side of the seat as it's a passenger seat? There was never a front seat/seat belt fixings etc in the front passenger side due to the van's previous role.
  2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Could you please pull into the next lay-by and let the four miles of frustrated motorists behind you make some progress. At a speed beyond 35mph?

I do hope your camper does not leak Calor gas in the night, ignite in the morning then blow you and your family all over the landscape. We do not want body parts blocking the road.
  3. So it's a derived van, I presume you have bolted that to the floor and that the seat is specifically made for that role?
  4. The seat was from a minbus with a proper intergrated seat belt the sub frame floor mounting brackets has been removed and the seat re-bolted to the swivel base and bolted to the floor
  5. TheIronDuke

Fascinating. Now, shift your wheely-shed or I shall hoof the ****** up the grass verge and spray your windscreen with soil, grass and shite.

I ******* hate camper vans. Apart from the fact that they hold up me and 40 ton trucks on the A9, the people who own them shit in a van.

Shitting in a van is just ******* weird.
  6. Just as well I dont use the A9 then and it's faster than your lump of shite landy...
  7. TheIronDuke

Your MoT failure toilet on wheels vs my Modern Classic.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Hehehe.
  9. Try hoofing mine up a verge.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Who's mike Craig another of your online personas?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Cock.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. I did off this but not exactly clear
    MOT UK car and vehicle MOT information equipment car servicing parts and spares - seat belts

No I think you'll find you have many troll accounts and baiting you is fun as you bite every time hence why we give likes arent you feeling the love?

13. Good god Not the A9?
  14. So what's not clear about para 5.1.2? You have in effect modified a seat on to a mounting that is probably not approved as a passenger seat. It's not sideways facing, its not a seat that is used whilst stationary and I am trying to picture any vehicle in that category that would not have a passenger seat as standard, or the fixings for it. You have to remember that the seat belt fixings on the seat you have fitted are type approved for the method of mounting that seat.
    I do know that there are some camper vans that have a rotatable seat designed into them, but they are type approved for that function.