Motörhead Bomber

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
As I recall the price was eye watering, but will be waiting to see if it's worth it.

Correct. He must be living in Malibu the money he made out of us!!

Not going to touch it, not even opening the box. Apparently it doesn’t come with figures of the 3 amigos, so it’s a standard 111 with a fancy decal set. Cool as, though.
IIRC, his family was in Dubai and he shuttled between BSN and KAF.

Correct. He must be living in Malibu the money he made out of us!!

Not going to touch it, not even opening the box. Apparently it doesn’t come with figures of the 3 amigos, so it’s a standard 111 with a fancy decal set. Cool as, though.
So why buy it? True it might be worth more in many years time, but why? I could never see the sense in buying wine to sit in a cellar. Firstly I don't have the money but wins should be enjoyed (plus the fact that cellars have many more enjoyable uses).

aardvark64

War Hero
40th anniversary????? F**k I'm feeling old, all of a sudden. I went to see Motörhead in concert for the Bomber tour as a teenager ...

Was it really 40 years ago?

Nice-looking kit, by the way.

40th anniversary????? F**k I'm feeling old, all of a sudden. I went to see Motörhead in concert for the Bomber tour as a teenager ...

Was it really 40 years ago?

Nice-looking kit, by the way.
Ipswich Gaumont 1983, I was right at the back and my Ears rang for a week afterwards.

Alamo

LE
So why buy it? True it might be worth more in many years time, but why? I could never see the sense in buying wine to sit in a cellar. Firstly I don't have the money but wins should be enjoyed (plus the fact that cellars have many more enjoyable uses).
Not for the money for sure. I would just make a hash of and regret it afterwards. Perhaps I could chuck @Simmerit a few quid to do it for me?!?!

Ipswich Gaumont 1983, I was right at the back and my Ears rang for a week afterwards.
“Thumbs Up”, even though there is nothing funny about hearing loss. I last saw them at Southampton Guildhall and I couldn’t hear properly for several days. Luckily by then the Mrs had stopped going (too loud!) and it was a proper night out. “Bomber” always went down well.
It would be interesting to see the model made.

Not for the money for sure. I would just make a hash of and regret it afterwards. Perhaps I could chuck @Simmerit a few quid to do it for me?!?!
Despite being fairly handy with tools and DIY, I’m not much of a model builder. I’ve made some card buildings for my railway and the purist would note slightly skewiff windows and chimney pots that are actually short lengths of cocktail stick coloured black with felt tip. I don’t mind these imperfections. I’m doing it for no one’s enjoyment but my own and I actually like seeing the smudge of glue where it shouldn’t be and remembering that particular “Oh FFS!”. If you buy an expensive hand knotted rug, there is always one knot that the weaver has tied incorrectly as perfection is the preserve of The Almighty.

@SPROCKET321 does commission builds. I've only ever done one and I was in bits when I had to hand it over - it was a 1/35 scale lightweight land rover.

A lad pinged me recently asking if I'd do a build for him - I asked around as I wasn't up for it and the numbers that were coming back were eye watering (relatively speaking) - this was for a resin 1/35th build of a plane - cant remember what plane it was exactly. I said I'd do it in the end as it was for his old man that used to fly said plane in the 50s but he didnt take me up on the offer which was pennies when I look at the amount of work that goes into one of these. You can call me old sentimental.......

Sprocket321 is your man. He generally does a build in about 7.3 minutes, so it will be quick. I think he charges by the second though :)

Teeblerone

Old-Salt
Nice! The t-shirt's festering in a darkplace somewhere.
Should have decals for the inside of the windows, though. And a lighting rig stand.
Was always most amused by Fast Eddie having the ache with it because of his 'girly hair'!

Latest Threads