Most weight bench pressed......?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by StevieW, Jun 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bit off honesty required here please!!!!, just wondering whats the most bench pressed, including the bar, standard flat bench one rep maximum, myne is CRAP best is 90kg flat bench.

2. Single rep? I weigh 70 kg and can bench 80kg about 3 or 4 times, wich i think is not bad. I've had 100kg of the stand lowered it to my chest, then it just stayed there and crushed me ha ha(always have someone with you).

3. 90kg isnt bad. I dont know my 1rep max but I have done 80kg for 3 reps before... I stopped training heavy when I realised my cardio and endurance was crap.. kind of pointless being able to lift big weights if you're not a decent runner.. just my opnion of course.

J.

4. 110 kg back when i played rugby alot and lifted weights pretty often

5. I go through stages of being able to bench well over 120 and other times I'm too fcuked to get anywhere near it.

Stevie, what weight are you? If you're 95 kilos and benching 90, then that's crap-on the other hand, if you're 70 kilos and benching 90, then that's pretty good.

You'll be pleased to know that the world record is something like 450 odd kilos but the guy concerned is a fcuking animal and weighs something like 25 stone plus...

6. your 17 aren't you, thats a bloody good lift for your age.

7. 85KG when i was 17 and playing rugby, weighed 74.1KG.

8. I've no idea what my one rep max is, I usually train with 3 sets of 10 reps at 40kg. Nothing remarkable, but I am a crab after all!

9. Well I benched 95kg back on Telic 3 when I hammered the gym most evenings and I was proud of myself! these days I can hardly get out of bed without breaking sweat!!

10. My mate 'bench presses' a reliant robin on axle stands.

He did look like Conan the barbarian though, weighed 17st and was 5ft 9.

11. Me? fcuk all, haven't lifted anything heavier than a pint for years... However i have seen my mate do 285Kg - looked like his head was going to explode

12. Was he green by any chance, and wear ripped blue jeans?

13. He was a tad on the large size yes

14. Damn thats heavy! is your mate the UK record holder? I have no idea of the current UK record and cannot be arrsed to google it but that has to be very close.

15. Yeh I am 17, I do something heavy and once but anything for several reps f*cks me over, It's to do with how your muscles are made up