Most Useless Gadget You Own?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by OldStripey, Mar 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't get me wrong, I love presents. Mrs O S has invested in, well, a USB Talking Parrot...... :oops: I don't like to admit this, and it now sits on the table repeating whatever I feckin say :? Mrs O S thinks it's hilarious. and mutters and guffaws away at the keyboard , quite a lot lately. She's told her mates. I feel a bit of cnut to be honest. And if anything happens to Polly,well it's a shag drought apparently and no more boots at bedtime jollies.

Am I the only poor cnut to have bone, stupid, pointless gadgets in the house ?

Anybody Got one of these?

USB Fridge :? Laser Guided Scissors :?

2. Well, i would have to say that the most useless gadget i own is the wife :twisted:

Apart from that, the remote control that is about the size of 2 mouse mats laid end to end. Never ever going to lose it (cos i never use it) !!

3. Fcukin hell.. 8O ..that's one big fcuk off Remote

4. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

a usb Vacuum cleaner for my laptop/ desktop. tell me why??

5. A office survival kit from M&S.
    A bastardised swiss army knife issued at the gates of hell to make your time more productive and enjoyable.

It's fold out scissors could barely wrap it's teeth around your little finger.
    A fold out stapler that uses some kind of non-existent Asian/European mini-staple!
    A pull out measuring tape barely long enough to measure my tiny penis, the pull back button action is pleasing though.
    A button compass, for those hilarious cubicle orienteering assignments.
    A toothpick!!#

All these useful attachments and more, I don't even work in an office environment!! It's uselessness is driving me around the bend.
    Still, best christmas present ever, thanks mum.<3

6. My Mrs is obsessed with anything that has an electrical plug fitted.
    I dare not let her near Currys or PC World or else we would be bankrupt.

I came home from work one night and next to the telly was a small plastic grand piano with a wire coming out of it and a plug on the end.
    During the course of the evening I thought I would risk asking what it was.
    It was a VHS tape re-winder apparently.
    "So we can rewind tapes while watching the video love" she said.

This in spite of having 4 video machines in the fecking house.

At the last count I found 13 car stereos that she bought "just in case".

That is the tip of the iceberg.

7. Yep, something along the lines of this, but in black

[​IMG]

You can buy them from Robert Dyas....good pressie for getting on peoples nerves.

8. George Foreman grill great idea an sounded dead useful but still in its box..after 3 years

9. Unleash that bad boy and make bacon, that's all mine does.

10. I'll swap you for 1 ancient car stereo and a VHS tape re-winder tastefully disguised as a small plastic grand piano.

11. She who must be obeyed bought me a cup warmer last year. I thought I'd better use it once or twice to show willing before burying at the back of a spare draw.

Turns out to be quite useful actually! Using it at the moment to keep my tea nice and hot.

12. Inspires the question, "When will humanity go too far with technology?".

Some claim it was the atomic bomb, but just you wait until tea warmers get a viable military application.

"I don't know how WW3 will end, but WW4 will be fought with biscuits."

13. a mini toilet that you stand yer mobile phone in, it's supposed to flash when the phone rings. grandkids got it for me so everytime they come round i get it out of its hiding place

14. I have one, and it's great! Get the bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, bratwurst and all on there in the morning, and jobsagoodun! I tried to fry an egg once, epic FAIL!

I have an I-Sobot, it was amusing for the 1st hour, then a bit dull. It's as new, with it's box, still if someone wants to offer me £50 for it? A child would love it.

15. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

I have a George Foreman and it is used all the time. The only problem I find with it, is that its a mare to clean.

As for useless tat, my wife got me a little desktop punch bag that has four different sayings when hit (F*ck you, you're a gerk, eat sh1t and you're an arrsehole). Amuzing for the first 5 minutes, but now bloody annoying.
    I also have a picoo z RC helicopter. It is ment to be vertually unbreakable. I broke it within a week. Although I did have fun buzzing the wifes head while she was trying to watch telly.