Most Ugly Aircraft

Agreed, I like it!

It’s also reminiscent of the McDonnell XP-67 Bat.
1577554006738.jpeg

Regards,
MM

Last edited:
One of the best looking women I ever bedded was, to put it mildly, useless between the sheets and one of my personal rules is "never go to bed with someone you don't want to wake up next to".

Failing that, I have standards. They are low, but I have them.

I keep them in a folder in the locked filing cabinet.
The first half of your main paragraph seems to contradict the second half.

Or do you aspire to waking up next to not-good looking women?

tiv

War Hero
I never felt Lockheed's heart was really in it. I think the Convair Pogo was the better aircraft - almost pretty enough to be in the other thread IMHO
View attachment 441628

One of those rare aircraft that looks better on the ground
View attachment 441630

As you might expect, takeoff was fun, but landing not so much! Talk about reverse parking!
Agree with that, looking at the two you have to wonder what Lockheed were thinking, especially in view of the Convair submission. What I didn't realise until recently is that that large propellor spinner was to contain a radar scanner.

tiv

War Hero
Although not a tail sitter the Ryan X-13 was another neat delta design but needed a landing rig to hook on to.

Ryan X-13.jpg

tiv

War Hero
Maalox has shown it with a temporary undercarriage fitted. It was meant to be a tail sitting VTOL design like this where it perhaps makes more sense. BTW The wintip pods on both aircraft were to contain the aircraft's 4 x 20mm cannon.

Lockheed_XFV-1_on_ground_bw.jpg

The peculiar Custer Channel Wing. Apparently worked quite well.
custer_ccw-5.jpg

Latest Threads