Most Ugly Aircraft

Aw - I quite like it :)
The "halfway" position of the wings does look awkward, but obviously, clearly, gives better alround visibility, than more conventionally positioned wings . . . Low which obstructs vision downwards, and High which would obstruct vision above.

The "halfway" position of the wings does look awkward, but obviously, clearly, gives better alround visibility, than more conventionally positioned wings . . . Low which obstructs vision downwards, and High which would obstruct vision above.
I knew why I liked it, Bolkow 208, became the MFI-9 and they put weapons on it in Biafra

1575047743805.png

the position of the wing is such that you can look under or over it, if you are tall enough. Visibility out of the cockpit is excellent and you can even look directly aft, down along the top of the airframe, as well as straight down the side. ideal for observation work. There are fibreglass shoulder blisters, to widen the ccokpit, as the actual width of the hull is not great. There is also a huge baggage box behind the seats.

It's not especially ugly it's problems related to not understanding the stall characteristics of the airframe layout...
Please don't take this the wrong way, but have you considered seeking a professional opinion as to your sense of aesthetics from either an optician or a neurologist?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Subsunk

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hunting H.126, purpose-built trials aircraft to test the principle of blown control surfaces. One still at the museum in Cosford, I believe, in its yellow colour scheme.
hunting_h-126_1.jpg

Latest Threads