Most Ugly Aircraft

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
We've seen and loved the Most Beautiful Aircraft thread. Now as Ying and Yang, let's see the ones that make you look away before your eyes are damaged beyond repair.

I'll start with this thing, the T-28 Fennec, taken yesterday at the final RAF Leuchars Airshow:

RAF Leuchars 2013 999.jpg
RAF Leuchars 2013 1004.jpg
RAF Leuchars 2013 1005.jpg

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
This?: Airbus_Beluga_fcm.jpg

Not beautiful, granted. But it's curvy and not as hideous as that stumpy thing I posted.

Wasn't there a four engined job by designed for the navy pre-war called, I think, the 'Fleet shadower'? I recall a photo of that and it didn't look very lovely.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Two candidates from the past - the Fairey Barracuda designed by a committee and the Short Skyvan which an American once remarked to me 'looks like the box it came in'.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Beverly. Bugger, that brings back memories. Not good ones. Flew from Singapore to kuching on one of those. Well, part way, engines started to fail and we had to return as plane unable to ditch in sea. Made a hairy emergency landing at Changhi.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Two from the Blackburn stable: the Blackburd and the Blackburn - one designed to ditch (and a total nail) and the other comparatively successful... despite its looks.

Blohm & Voss BV 141 bv141_flug.jpg

Think they lost half of it :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The NAAFI Bar 48
Mighty_doh_nut Now That's What I Call NAAFI Bar 89
M Officers 25