Most Ugly Aircraft

Discussion in 'Tanks, planes & ships' started by Legs, Sep 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We've seen and loved the Most Beautiful Aircraft thread. Now as Ying and Yang, let's see the ones that make you look away before your eyes are damaged beyond repair.

I'll start with this thing, the T-28 Fennec, taken yesterday at the final RAF Leuchars Airshow:

RAF Leuchars 2013 999.jpg
    RAF Leuchars 2013 1004.jpg
    RAF Leuchars 2013 1005.jpg

2. What about that airbus transport plane. The beluga?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

3. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

4. This?: Airbus_Beluga_fcm.jpg

Not beautiful, granted. But it's curvy and not as hideous as that stumpy thing I posted.

5. Blackburn Beverly with the back doors removed, so ugly I can't find a photo.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Effective obviously, but pretty? Nah the A10 is the ugliest aircraft I think....

• Like Like x 1
  7. This?: Blackburn_Beverley.jpg
    Hmmm... High on the ugly scale.

8. Wasn't there a four engined job by designed for the navy pre-war called, I think, the 'Fleet shadower'? I recall a photo of that and it didn't look very lovely.

• Like Like x 3
  9. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Two candidates from the past - the Fairey Barracuda designed by a committee and the Short Skyvan which an American once remarked to me 'looks like the box it came in'.

10. View attachment 137998

11. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

It's kind of cute - like it belongs in a kids cartoon, Jimbo and the Jet Set!

12. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

Not very appealing.....
    stipa4.jpg
    1252379.jpg

13. I think if there was a Constructor's Champion for ugly aircraft it would probably be won by Blohm und Voss.

• Like Like x 3