Most reliable piece of british kit - vehicles

Looking at youtube at various bits of kit I was wondering what we would classify as out most reliable bit of kit?

The Germans have Leo2, adopted by most EU nations

The Russians still using AK variants, some countries still using T34's

Every unit I have been to no matter how the kit was maintained I can't for the life of me say, that wagon is perfect, any ideas or experiences?

The MFO box trolley.

Black nasty dispensers. Considering the beasting they get, it's a wonder they're not worn through.

Excuse quite a few of us whilst we go snigger at the idea of reliable land rivers :)

Maybe the Land Rover which has been used in one form or another for decades and has proved to be a reliable platform.
But either rusts out or spends its time in the LAD, hence no QRF vehicles, unless you count a combi van

K

Kirkz

The Bedford MK was alright. I never had any problems with them. And they were much sturdier than the TMs.
One lad even took out a tree with his and the tree came off worse!

What drugs are you on, hardly ever saw one that did not have a leaking head gasket. Brakes that put you through tithe windshield when cold and a gear stick that could not have been placed in a stranger place.
The Bedford MK was alright. I never had any problems with them. And they were much sturdier than the TMs.
One lad even took out a tree with his and the tree came off worse!

I sort of knew this thread was destined to be a non-starter when I saw the words "British Army kit" and "reliable" in the title.

MsG

Edit. Oops! I see that someone else was quicker off the blocks than me with the same train of thought. Oh well.

K

Kirkz

What drugs are you on, hardly ever saw one that did not have a leaking head gasket. Brakes that put you through tithe windshield when cold and a gear stick that could not have been placed in a stranger place.
You'd be surprised mukker :wink:
It's true about the cold brakes, they were a tad keen!
But if you knew that and treated them gently they were OK.
Never had one with a leaking head gasket! May be I was just lucky!
As for the gearstick, it was only in a strange place if you wanted to kip across the seats!
I've seen gearsticks in much sillier places on vehicles! The eager beaver for one!

WVS Mobile Canteen,Soltau.Never broke down,bogged in,guaranteed to find you no matter how cammed up your Cent. was.Superb.