Most powerful non nuclear bomb dropped in Afghanistan.

So ronely, so ronely.

North Korea 'attempts to launch missile but fails' | Daily Mail Online

Might be a few twitching sphincters in the missile world of North Korea.

Kim's 'interesting ways to kill folk' department working flat out?

'let's strap them to one of our new rockets!'
Somewhere, amidst all the smoke, there's a hint of sulphur and a chap in a purple cloak.
"Go on, show those damn Yankees what you think of MOAB! Yes, I know it isn't quite ready yet, but I'm sure it'll be an impressive display nonetheless." - Kim Jong-Mong

Read the Smails report on Fattys plan. Includes the facts that!

Ung-gil Lee defected to the south after serving six years as a deadly nerve agent ?

And those hard core troops that.......

The 11th Storm Corps known for extreme training including boxing before dinner

I'd be shittingg myself, those troops boxing before dinner. I mean what can you against chaps like that.

More value for money info from AJ, apparently the tally of ISIS-K tagged after the blast is now 94. Still probably works out close to a million dollars a head, but they needed a decent field test anyway!
If it saves US / Allied lives - and sends a message to both NK and ISIS - its money well spent.

If it saves US / Allied lives - and sends a message to both NK and ISIS - its money well spent.
Yep.

It isn't how many of them it killed.

It's how many of our side it saved.

Whilst achieving the tactical or strategic aim.

Like it says on aCoD type postcard advert I've had taped to the front of my SAA lesson plan folder for years.

"it's not about dying for your country, it's about making your enemy die for his.'

More value for money info from AJ, apparently the tally of ISIS-K tagged after the blast is now 94. Still probably works out close to a million dollars a head, but they needed a decent field test anyway!
Business Insider is claiming that the actual cost of a MOAB is $170K,

Considering that the cost of a bog standard Mk-83 GP bomb is around $12k. That seems to make sense.

If Business Insider has their numbers correct, a single F/A 18 can drop 10 Mk-83 GP's for a munitions cost per sortie of $120K.

Dropped out of the back of a cheap to run C-130, these MOAB's represent absolutely sensational value for money.

Said General John W. Nicholson, Commander, U.S. Forces – Afghanistan. “This is the right munition to reduce these obstacles and maintain the momentum of our offensive against ISIS-K.”

The good news is that Mr Trump is acting on the advice of his commanders.

The deployment of the MOAB may indicate a degree of desperation in the fight against the Islamic State in Achin district. The MOAB reportedly cost $314 million to develop and has a unit cost of $16 million.

And that is the bad news.

US military drops MOAB on Islamic State in Afghanistan | FDD's Long War Journal
Really? Why didn't they just ask us for copies of Barnes Wallis's old envelopes? KISS, ffs!

Bunch of slack jawed faggots.

Even the RAF have dropped a 22,000lb bomb and that was 70 years ago.

I think the spams claim a larger NEQ than the Grand Slam, which was of course a DP rather than an HC like this beast.

However 617 Sqn did manage to aim theirs with some precision, all those years ago, without the benefits of lasers, JDAM etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Doesn't look very MOAB'd to me.
As I've said repeatedly in this thread, a US military spokeswoman told Radio 5 when announcing the event that the site was MOPped, not MOABed, but every single lazy idle bastard reporter has run with MOAB because they have heard of it and can find library footage of a MOAB.

As I've said repeatedly in this thread, a US military spokeswoman told Radio 5 when announcing the event that the site was MOPped, not MOABed, but every single lazy idle bastard reporter has run with MOAB because they have heard of it and can find library footage of a MOAB.
Spicer stated it was a GBU43?

Looks like the same spot to me. I suspect the area to the right and above of the small "house" in the opening shot of the news report is the impact site. I suspect that there may have been a large amount of rock sliding down onto it.
Looks like it had the desired effect; those Afghan SF don't seem to be concerned about local security.

I'm wondering if the spokeswoman got confused, since the USAF website reports the use of a MOAB rather than a MOP here. Either some robust disinformation is being run, or the error was that of the initial spokeswoman, now corrected.

I'm wondering if the spokeswoman got confused, since the USAF website reports the use of a MOAB rather than a MOP here. Either some robust disinformation is being run, or the error was that of the initial spokeswoman, now corrected.
Whatever it is it is visible in several frames of the video. Would MOP have a higher terminal velocity that MOAB or would the difference in construction solely account for the difference in effects?