Most powerful non nuclear bomb dropped in Afghanistan.

*Russian Troll*
Mate phones and radio towers emit constant RF... It can't be a clever idea to submit yourself to too much exposure. Our brains are not built for that kind of bombardment.
As for those ear/mic things that some have attached to their heads, permanently RFing the grey matter?
Really not a good idea.

As I recall the aim of the American involvement was to halt or stop the spread of Red, what happened when America left?.
Wrong question

What happened after America Left and After the sitting President tore up the treaty and green lighted the Norths Invasion.
Honouring the previous guarantees may well have seen a different outcome. South Vietnam was stable it was only vulnerable to an external threat. That threat could have been contained.

But again using your logic Britain and the US lost WW1, because they left and then later - Germany defeated France - (Ironically again the threat could have been contained without war)

Afghanistan is a mess of Tribes, infighting, corruption etc - the US wont leave having achieved its objectives.

Mate phones and radio towers emit constant RF... It can't be a clever idea to submit yourself to too much exposure. Our brains are not built for that kind of bombardment.
As for those ear/mic things that some have attached to their heads, permanently RFing the grey matter?
Really not a good idea.
Re point 1 - signal strength drops off rapidly - masts really aren't an issue

radio comms towers don't transmit constantly - but thats a minorv quibble

Re point 2 I don't disagree - hence my point about the idiocy of a lot of the anti em radiation crowd who have the damn phone glued to their ear. Yet cant under stand 50Watts 20 miles away is a lot less of an issue than 2 watts in your ear.

Wrong question

What happened after America Left and After the sitting President tore up the treaty and green lighted the Norths Invasion.
Honouring the previous guarantees may well have seen a different outcome. South Vietnam was stable it was only vulnerable to an external threat. That threat could have been contained.

But again using your logic Britain and the US lost WW1, because they left and then later - Germany defeated France - (Ironically again the threat could have been contained without war)

Afghanistan is a mess of Tribes, infighting, corruption etc - the US wont leave having achieved its objectives.
I won't derail the thread and I will not mention WW1 agin but most people see ww1 now as half time, yes the allies won the first half as well as the second.

I won't derail the thread and I will not mention WW1 agin but most people see ww1 now as half time, yes the allies won the first half as well as the second.
Exactly - but owing to political failings after the war - I'm arguing the same applies to Vietnam - with the difference that the US didn't turn up for part 2 (so was not defeated - regardless of holly wood) and of course it took less time (bigger political failings)

Edit
I'm not sure the WW1 analogy is that much of a derailment - especially when discussing agent orange and VC on a big bomb on Afg thread

Also as 118 points out - phones

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Similarly to the AO ban, that airhead clotheshorse Saint Diana was used by left theatrical luvvie Attenborough to get us into a situation where China and Russia and any old third world country will use landmines in a totally undisciplined and unrecorded manner (like the Args) and our own forces are denied the disciplined deployment of a useful defensive weapon. Ditto cluster bombs and for all I know napalm.

Funny no one made a big noise when UK/US forces were providing overwatch on the poppy fields.

Oh look, bang in the middle of Helmand.
Mmmmmm where have we heard this before kids?

Mmmmmm where have we heard this before kids?
Nah

No4 was / is a single Issue fixated mentally unwell individual

118 is more of a general purpose - If its alternate it must be true - type conspiraloon

He does kick up some interesting stuff - unfortunately when wrong he doesn't process the rebuttals

Similarly to the AO ban, that airhead clotheshorse Saint Diana was used by left theatrical luvvie Attenborough to get us into a situation where China and Russia and any old third world country will use landmines in a totally undisciplined and unrecorded manner (like the Args) and our own forces are denied the disciplined deployment of a useful defensive weapon. Ditto cluster bombs and for all I know napalm.
It's OK- change the name. No longer mines- now area denial munitions. You know it makes sense!

And they know EXACTLY where and how deep the tunnels are because the CIA funded the mujahadeen and their cave complex constructions in the first place!

It is also my understanding that Trump has handed the Army a free ticket to do what they feel is necessary, within reason of course. Also it feels like they leaked this out as a warning to North Korea ( to quote US CENTCOM, "the right bomb for the right target") ... they could have been using this kind of tactics on Isis all along, preventing them from forming in the first place.

A little off-topic, but maybe the whole thing is related...

If N. Korea did try to strike US Japanese bases (KJU's threats to destroy the US (bases) ) I wonder if KJU would try to launch one of his nukes on Japan's US bases.. If so what do you think the US would do? Use conventional weapons on Pyongyang, or to strike their aircraft fields, and/or strike their nuke reactor(s), or stockpiles? Or go after the chem or biological weapons. Some folks are saying the US should just find where KJU, use the right sized nuke on him (probably a nuclear "penetrator" guided bomb like b61-12 or equivalent to reach deep bunkers he may try to hide in, and end the whole fiasco (remove the king in Chess maneuver).. Who knows.

Just wondering out loud...If Trump said to China, "Fellas, who do you want as a tight business partner and ally? N. Korea' or the US and it's huge markets? Wouldn't you want a very strong ally to be able to make a strong statement about Russian imperialism?" Maybe China would jump on that?

Last edited:
China would demand removal of all US forces from, the peninsula in the unlikely event they backed a reunification with a Western type Korea.

Tora Bora has been described by the western media to be an "impregnable cave fortress" housing 2000 men complete with a hospital, a hydroelectric power plant, offices, a hotel, arms and ammunition stores, roads large enough to drive a tank into, and elaborate tunnel and ventilation systems. Both the British and American press published elaborate plans of the base. This was most likely "fake news".

Published by the Public Broadcasting Service, a Staff Sergeant from the U.S. Special Forces Operational Detachment Alpha (ODA) 572, who had been in the Battle of Tora Bora described the caves:

"Again, with the caves, they weren't these crazy mazes or labyrinths of caves that they described. Most of them were natural caves. Some were supported with some pieces of wood maybe about the size of a 10-foot by 24-foot room, at the largest. They weren't real big. I know they made a spectacle out of that, and how are we going to be able to get into them? We worried about that too, because we see all these reports. Then it turns out, when you actually go up there, there's really just small bunkers, and a lot of different ammo storage is up there."

Jeff, Staff Sgt. ODA 572

Who would you believe a staff Sgt, or the British press?

Which cave complex did the M.O.A.B. attack?

Osama bin Laden's Afghan hideout: Rare look in photos - CNN.com
Bin Laden's three wives and more than a dozen children did not share bin Laden's joy in living the life of medieval peasants in the Tora Bora mountains, where the only light at night was from the moon and gas lanterns, and the only heat in a place where tremendous blizzards were common was a wood-burning metal stove. Hunger was a frequent companion to the bin Laden children who lived on a subsistence diet of rice, bread, eggs and that salty cheese.

Swing and a miss.

Re read the question.

In 1977 the war in Vietnam had been done and dusted for two years and the convention was established 32 years after the end of WW2.

Thank you for your incredibly useful input.

How come you are not using your sock puppet account?

Spider is.

What are the chances of this sites' pair of premium dribblers contributing drivel on the same thread at the same time?

Is it close to a full moon?

Oh yes!

Oh yes it is!
You stated an interest in knowing which Convention outlawed bombing dams:

upload_2017-4-16_0-12-53.png

I kindly showed you the appropriate convention.

For some reason you've added a link to a different question.

Keep dribbling, Bundy boy.

Two minutes of Google...

Your mate Spider mows lawns.

It has been previously alleged on this site that you collect trolleys for Tesco's. I'm unsure how true that might be. I'll quite happily believe it.

I do mathematics for a living. I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't know a chi squared test if one jumped up and bit you on the arse.

Crack on.
Nobody cares, you never served dullard. ^^

Common knowledge has a lot to answer for.

Get there the firstest with the mostest invariably works.
Explains why the whole of Europe speaks German, and why the USA became subject to his Divine Majesty the Emperor Hirohito.

More value for money info from AJ, apparently the tally of ISIS-K tagged after the blast is now 94. Still probably works out close to a million dollars a head, but they needed a decent field test anyway!