Most memorable parachute jump

HE117

LE
Can't remember if I put this up before.. but Who When & Where?
iselbad001small.jpg

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
" and on the 5th day, God created 'the square' with matching night vision goggles for the brethren of the late eve, and all was well again"
Or as I was once vehemently informed, "More shit to catch my rigging lines !"

HE117

LE
Clearly no foot-guards influence at play there, looking at the distribution of heights in that lineup . . .
... correct, however proper sky god protocol in use with the CCI on the right and decreasing order of competence!

... correct, however proper sky god protocol in use with the CCI on the right and decreasing order of competence!

On the left shirley as the photograph is positioned? I recognise Geordie L as an immediate. One or two of the other 'faces' look' familiar, but age and nights at the Blue Oyster have caused me memory issues.

HE117

LE
On the left shirley as the photograph is positioned? I recognise Geordie L as an immediate. One or two of the other 'faces' look' familiar, but age and nights at the Blue Oyster have caused me memory issues.
I was trying to follow what my addled brain considered as drill convention.. right marker etc.

However you are correct... Geordie "in charge" with "Arfur" (RCT at the time, later AAC) next to him.. next is RIck K giving the finger, and then the Rons, L (REME) and Y(RA) next is Brian A and then the Hoff with Smudge and some other bloke at the end...

The AC, an Islander, had some effort taking off.. considering the number and mass of some of the jumpers, this was perhaps understandable...

However you are correct... Geordie "in charge" with "Arfur" (RCT at the time, later AAC) next to him.. next is RIck K giving the finger, and then the Rons, L (REME) and Y(RA) next is Brian A and then the Hoff with Smudge and some other bloke at the end...
Arthur came to our Sqn in Münster from flying training, real gentleman with a cracking sense of humour. Went on to command the AAC Regiment in Guterslöh.

Gone are the days of chivalry when it was not the done thing to shoot at para troops, until they were on the ground that is.
I don't think those days have 'gone' so much as 'never happened' I think paratroops have always been fair game: aircrew baled out of a doomed airframe a different matter, IIRC under LOAC.

Mech_Eng

ADC
Book Reviewer
I don't think those days have 'gone' so much as 'never happened' I think paratroops have always been fair game: aircrew baled out of a doomed airframe a different matter, IIRC under LOAC.

Correct @Stonker, troops parachuting armed ready to fight are fair game in the air, bailed out and distressed personnel are not fair game in the air.

Similar to why I don't shoot birds on the ground, I like to give them a chance.