Most irritating staff officer buzz phrases

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Invicta, Sep 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been on a lot of exercises during my time in the Corps and have had lots of chances to experience Staff Officers in their natural environment; that is ruthlessly stabbing each other in the back in order to impress the GOC/Brig and COS whenever they come into view. I've also overheard some of the most outrageous career laughs too. One of the things that annoys me most are the fashions in staff officer buzz phrases that they seem to take great pleasure in incorporating into briefings and presentations. Here are some of the worst offenders at the moment, in my opinion:

1. 'Granularity'.
    2. 'Drill-down'.
    3. 're-set and re-cock' (snigger)

Can anyone top these? I'm pretty sure that some of the older and bolder ARRSErs have heard some truly outrageous examples in their time.
  2. Best on I heard from an American was " Let's get this situation unfucked" to be fair to him it was pretty fucked to start with.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Would you like to "run that up the flagpole and see who salutes it"?
    • Like Like x 3
  4. 'We are where we are' Grips my ******* shit!
  5. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

@ Seadog. It would appear that some people just don't get irony.
  6. I hear you....

Check fire....
  7. 'Its a huge shit sandwich and we're all going to have to take a bite' (not realising that most of us had also watched Full Metal Jacket the day before)
  8. Well it doesn't grip mine...
  9. But if we weren’t there, where would we be…………………..
  10. The Canadian version: "Cpl, this whole thing is a Dogfuck. We need to unfuck the Dogfuck." Brilliant.

In terms irritating buzzwords, there was a period when anything that had come to the attention of a certain HQ was said to be "under the lazer". I hope it didn't catch on.
  11. "Sgt I know perfectly well what I'm doing"
    • Like Like x 3
  12. During meetings "let's talk about it offline". Like I want to be networked to you, you ****!
  13. Yep, agreed.....

Also, touch base.
  14. That sounds as if it was often closely followed by the sound of approaching emergency service sirens.... ;)

I'll see that and raise you a "that's on my radar screen staff..."
    • Like Like x 1