Most inspirational TV show

After the recent Topgear is getting crap thread, I got inspired to look at other shows and series done by the three presenters. They've all done some not too bad shows, even Hammonds ones are good, just not wipeout.

But I've stubled across James Mays toy stories.
These are excellent!
Is it just me or does anyone else find it inspiring that there are still real people out there trying to keep real life alive, not all of todays youth living their lives on facebook?

Are there any TV shows you lot enjoy that show maybe not everyone on this earth is a complete idiot? And there may be hope yet?

I also really like Kevin McClouds man made home seires, and the Ade in Britain series.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Life on Mars. Made me want to join the police.

Grand Designs is quite entertaining in a strange way: veers between cautionary tales on vanity, over ambition, piss poor project management, budgetary optimism, stupidity and some really excellent builds.

But I still do not understand why retired architects all seem to want to live in glass and white concrete boxes

Same way as people go on about a certain rifle on here its what they are taught is real arcitechture at Uni then they hit the real world so spend 40 years building what the bloody client wants come retirement sod the lot of you I,m living in a minimalist box:).

At least they have the cash to do it properly unlike the poor sods who were forced into high rises that were shoddily built and poorly maintained.

Blue Peter, it was a good grounding for making bashas out of sticky back plastic ,bog roll centers and empty washing up liquid bottles. Or was that just me that did that?

Interviews before Execution. Chinese tv at its best.

It inspired me to wrap a lump hammer around a freshly raped teenagers canister so she couldn't testify against me in court.

24 Hours in A&E is pretty good.

All of Prof Brian Cox's stuff, Wonders of the Solar System/Universe though I haven't seen his latest series. Physics was never really my focus at school, biology and chemistry were my science subjects. Always regretted not having a better understanding of physics and Cox's stuff blows my mind. He says his ideal documentary would be just him with a blackboard explaining the fundamentals and equations. Doubt that would ever be produced for tv, but I don't see why he doesn't just do a deal with youtube and crack on with it himself.

Sin Cities is mega and gives one fantastic food for thought.

R

renamed_user

Bushtucker man, he was eating witchety grubs before Ray Mears was chewing nipples!
He was ex Aussie Army and fanatically anti British. Much prefer the "Barefoot Bushman" Rob Bredl, the only set back in not wearing boots was when a croc went for him he couldn't get away quick enough.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
nobody mentioned mr maker, nina and neurons or jakers?

I'll get me coat....

Soap operas...

They inspire me to feel so superior to the brain dead mongs who watch them. Panem et circenses indeed.

Rodney2q

I do like grand designs also.
I like when they get an old water tower or barn and restore it/make it livable in.

I hate this contemporary, minimalist, everything white and ugly look a lot go for though, looks terrible.
I do like glass in a building but not the way a lot of them build their places.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
the_guru The Intelligence Cell 14
muzzleflash Current Affairs, News and Analysis 17
E The NAAFI Bar 32