Most infantry related Royal Engineer role?

ugly

LE
59 and 9 aren't typical! It takes a serious level of dedication to get that far for any rank!

chimera

LE
It was my understanding that officers only get 1-3 tours anyway, soldiers do the vast majority of the combat/technical roles while the officers just effectively manage their welfare?

My point is, you won't be doing much combat related stuff from what I've researched.
Your understanding is total bollox, and your point is total bollox, so I suggest you sharpen up your research, and talk to some real officers, and then reconsider your "understanding".

Your understanding is total bollox, and your point is total bollox, so I suggest you sharpen up your research, and talk to some real officers, and then reconsider your "understanding".
The term 'correct me if I'm wrong' was implied with the question mark at the end of my first sentence. As anyone can tell from my profile, I'm not even in the army yet so it goes without saying to not take what I say as 100% gospel.

And FYI, my sources are from speaking to 'real' officers at AOSB and the insight days, not sure if my knowledge is more up to date than yours or if they are just incorrectly informing their future colleagues.

How about politely correcting me instead of jumping down my throat next time.

Thanks in advance.

p.s at least I tried to help the op.

Last edited: