ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Most Europeans want immigration ban from Muslim-majority countries

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by onefourbravo, Feb 8, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Look, if you want me to cut you down with some facts move to the bible topic... You are using the word "spirituality" without knowing what it is. Claiming that emotions such as love, empathy etc are some kind of divine gift when in fact all atheists experience these things knowing that they are part of evolution. In your delusion all good things are from a happy sky goblin and all bad things come from nasty old satan...Such a child like fantasy that was embedded before your mind was mature enough to deal with it. Indoctrinated and beyond rescue...that is where you are. Move on...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tavor

Tavor On ROPs

What more does a man need? Honestly?

You and I and most of us are lucky enough to have it all in our lives.

Love your family and you can't go far wrong because everything you do will be the right thing for your family.

There is no need to find hope anywhere else by believing in something nobody has proven actually exists.

Take people on face value, unless they believe in or support some form of primitive cult which demands change in our society that can adversely affect your family of course.

3. shibusa2

shibusa2 On ROPs

Invitation proffered on the relevant thread.

4. To me, people are free to believe whatever they want and I'm content to tolerate those beliefs, for them. What I find unacceptable is any demand that others should think or act accordingly.

I'd like to ponder on what makes us make decisions - I can be persuaded to a point of view by reasoned, coherent argument but seemingly, particularly those of a religious bent, cannot and I wonder what, other than physical and mental stress can change such a mindset.

• Like Like x 4
  5. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Take it to the Bible thread higgsy. There you can be humiliated (as many times before) without it affecting CA.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. I think it is a given that the European and in fact the entire developed World, is utterly against more immigration from Muslims and is in favour of significant reductions of the numbers already present. We are very close to tipping the first point and France will be the tinderbox.

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. We have been offended, we need to deliver a swift response to the powers that be, car bombs, hijacking, shootings, killings.......

or we can just not give a shit and carry on, because the issue is irrelevant. Beer is the answer.

Since when does this pointless little lefty shit know what we think???
    What a **** "Chas Newkey-Burden"

This is how deluded the al guardian and the trendy lefties are, what the **** is the point of this stupid farticle!!!

Did I mention stabbings??

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/17/5-pound-note-debate-bank-vegans-hindus-sikhs

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. The answer is easy, just use £10 notes or pound coins. A small section of the population who have grown up unaccustomed to being told no have to face the harsh realities of the world at some point.

• Like Like x 2
  9. That could equally apply to MPs as vegans...

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Religions are political organisations, Christianity has continually changed when it cannot change the population.
    Islam is a cult and does not.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Totally agree.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tavor

Tavor On ROPs

Proof of how dangerous 'the local populous', not 'extremists' really are among Muslims, this is what they would do in their countries, so as the man says - "why should we let them into our countries?".

• Like Like x 5
  13. So where do you draw the line between a cult and a religion ?

14. There are quite a few bullet points that would signify a 'cult'. Among the most recognisable are;
    • Family or community rejection (or worse) for those who stray from the group.
    • Family or community rejection (or worse) for those who adopt any customs, practises or attitudes not specifically approved of by the group, particularly those originating from sources outside of the group.
    • A marked reluctance to interrelate with those outside of the group.
    • Adoption of signs, rituals, symbols, cultural practices, manner of dress etc. to specifically distinguish members of the group from others.
    • A social hierarchy very often espousing male superiority, authority or leadership.
    • A belief that those outside the group are morally and socially inferior and are either worthy of less consideration or who may even justifiably be treated with hostility and cruelty.
    Isolated incidences would not necessarily indicate a cult. Single examples could probably be found in most social groupings.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1