Most Europeans want immigration ban from Muslim-majority countries

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by onefourbravo, Feb 8, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 6
  1. I think that this is a telling sentence - "In no country did more than 32 per cent disagree with a ban."

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Most Asians I've discussed this with the past week have agreed the same. The only exception were a couple who just thought outright trump was racist..but could not explain exactly why (I'm aware this thread is about European countries, Trump precipitated the conversations though). I feel there's a sense of "we are here now and we don't want them to come over and spoil it for us". A bit like how surfers get protective over a secret beach spot.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

And a bit like how Trump got support from Mexicans already in the US. Pulling the rope up behind themselves...

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Could it possibly be conceivable that there has been a widening perception around European countries that the Muslim religion could pose a danger to other cultures and religions?

There have been increasingly aggressive confrontations by Muslims in various European countries in the last few years and this is bound to have caused a backlash.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Its interesting, all the people (all white I might add) I have spoken to who call Trump a racist can't explain why either.

• Like Like x 13
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. No surprise on two points.
    1. The independent needs to sell its papers so it needs headlines and it doesn't care how it gets them. However it is slightly better then the average newspaper......but it is still a newspaper.
    2. This story is a story that has been concerning a lot of people in Europe since the mass immigration thing has come to light and countries like Sweden have become victims to this major influx of muslims apparently bringing an epidemic of rape and violence.

I believe that @Resasi is correct, people are waking up to what is happening and starting to think that something must be done.

I saw this on youtube this morning which surprised me a little given the fact that the program was made and given what is going on there the fact the school was praised by government officials.

Things like this are going to make people support a immigration ban from Islamic countries.

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I thought polls weren't to be trusted anymore?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. The Beeb broadcast an excellent interview with Marine Le Pen the other day.
    The interviewer mentioned current polling figures, at which she laughed - that delightful husky laugh she has - and said (translation): "You're from Britain and still believe in polls?"

• Like Like x 19
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  9. For whats its worth I am of the opinion that I don't want it either.

I'm probably a Nazi or something but I don't feel any responsibility or affinity for any of these people.
    I don't share their cultural values and I think we have enough kebab shops and taxi drivers. I don't like seeing women walking the street disguised as a black pillar box

I don't like Mosques and I think halal slaughter is the mark of a savage.

• Like Like x 77
  10. Our non deployable hobbyist shall be along shortly to re-educate us .
    He is currently looking after a family of 25 in his spare room the little love

• Funny Funny x 25
    • Like Like x 5
  11. It may well be true, and something that most people (though obviously not most politicians or Guardian readers) have known for years, but it's very, very naughty indeed to say so.

Quite frankly it's doubleplus ungood.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
  12. The Independent is not a "newspaper". It doesn't sell newspapers. The Independent is free online and stopped publishing almost a year ago.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. OK then, for the pedantic, it used to be a newspaper up until almost a year ago. It will still follow the same style as it used to when it was a newspaper. It will also still need to make money through advertising on its website and to do that it will need to keep attracting readers which it will do through the usual newspaper style of sensationalistic headlines

• Like Like x 5