Most beautiful/ugly AFV?

You'd have had to do a shed load of neutral turns to rip a road up

None of which work..................... They are amazing fun though.
They are a thing of beauty.
This is my third one, never had any problems with them.

We had dropped the gearbox on our one tonny on the A1 coming back from the hebs one year, got recovered to Strensall, managed to get a spin in one of these after much begging. Probably the only time I will ever drive a Daimler :)

1638668502045.png

We had dropped the gearbox on our one tonny on the A1 coming back from the hebs one year, got recovered to Strensall, managed to get a spin in one of these after much begging. Probably the only time I will ever drive a Daimler :)

View attachment 620196
I remember a couple of American NCOs on Ex Reforger in 87 falling in love with the Ferret.
I think US Forces may even have bought a few from HMG.

I remember a couple of American NCOs on Ex Reforger in 87 falling in love with the Ferret.
I think US Forces may even have bought a few from HMG.
They still do, the vast majority of Canadian Ferrets when surplussed ended up being bought up by US civvies, not many left here at all.

The Pookie .

Rhodesian mine detecting vehicle.

View attachment 620182

Designed to be blown up?

Driver/detector pod was mine proof and , as you can see . V shaped main body to deflect the blast. Wheels were from F1 racing cars

The V shaped hull design was the copied by Rhodesian and S.A for vehicles and is still used today . MRAP, Ridgebak , UK. Cougar, USA etc.
Yep - every March, a whole bunch of Rhodies would descend on Kyalami for the South African Grand Prix, and 'sweet talk' the various teams into leaving their 'worn' tyres behind, rather than go to the expense of air freighting them back to Europe.
Also, SA had its own Formula One championship - using recently-retired F1 cars - and they used loads of tyres, which were also 'sent across the border'.