Most beautiful/ugly AFV?

Londo

LE
Is this the one?
View attachment 673830

Striker, the anti tank member of the rather excellent CVR(T) family
No . Afraid not . I'll see if I can find that drawing again .
The hull resembled a Scorpion although I've been informed it was a design that preceded the Scorpion family and the rotating turret with four Swingfire we see a few posts above .
Striker I'm quite familiar with as I once had a great day playing in a hanger containing 14 of them quite a few years ago now .
(Might have been 12 and a couple of Spartans thinking about it)

Londo

LE

East German boy scouts 1/3rd scale 2-stroke engine functioning training tanklets

Won't be long before the RuSSians will be digging these out of reserve to use in Ukraine the way they are loosing equipment .

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Chef

LE
and digging out crew from geriatric hospitals to man them
You see the advantage of a capitalist society right there:

'EXPERIENCE THE WAR YOUR GRANDPARENTS FOUGHT!'

Lived Experience Holidays PLC, for a limited period, can offer exclusive holidays recreating the wars of the Great Patriotic War.

You and your group of fellow adventurers will be supplied with an authentic period T34 complete with ammunition, fuel and rations. With other members of your 'Regiment'* help to liberate Ukraine, just like your grandparents did over 70 years ago!

Send a deposit to reserve a place or better still book now for this once in a lifetime holiday.

*Group discounts available, T&Cs apply.

I think I saw that contraption in the tank museum Munster last week ?
Which one, the 'Versuchsträger"? There is certainly one there.
westgermanbattlefieldtrialvehiclegvt04twinguncasematetank.jpg

No . Afraid not . I'll see if I can find that drawing again .
The hull resembled a Scorpion although I've been informed it was a design that preceded the Scorpion family and the rotating turret with four Swingfire we see a few posts above .
Striker I'm quite familiar with as I once had a great day playing in a hanger containing 14 of them quite a few years ago now .
(Might have been 12 and a couple of Spartans thinking about it)
Any of these:

1656584920256.png

1656585049337.png

1656585200575.png

NSP

LE
That's a very interesting link, thanks for that.
Do you have any links about how much of a fight a 432 would put up against a T 72?
Or a T 64?
Or even a BMP?
Quite a bit with a squaddie stood in the mortar hatch with an NLAW - or even a CG!! - from what we've seen footage-wise from Ukraine.

Tongue may be slightly in cheek...

Londo

LE

Londo

LE
Quite a bit with a squaddie stood in the mortar hatch with an NLAW - or even a CG!! - from what we've seen footage-wise from Ukraine.

Tongue may be slightly in cheek...
Going back a bit the 432/Wombat combo would have been interesting .
(only from an ambush position though) :-D

Non of them although if you can imagine the turret from the Ferret in the top picture plonked on top of a Scorpion hull that would be it .
I've looked and cant find that picture unfortunately although it was only a drawing .
Can't even remember which thread I posted it in . Perhaps @Listy can help as he had a bit of information on it.
There's a whole cluster of them in the early stages of the AVR, and related, studies. They all eventually merge into one program and exit as CVRT. But we didn't get the at/k version.

The book dark age of tanks (if you have it) has the drawings and more details.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
There's a whole cluster of them in the early stages of the AVR, and related, studies. They all eventually merge into one program and exit as CVRT. But we didn't get the at/k version.

I know what you mean but arguably, we did - Striker.

Discuss whether Swingfire on a CVR(T)-sized chassis was by far the deadlier option...

Londo

LE

Yes I do have that book and going to have a re-read of it this afternoon as it's forecast rain on the way and stuck indoors .