Most Beautiful (or Ugly) Spacecraft (Real or SciFi)?

Well, as a terrible sci-fi nerd, it's only right to include this scene from NCC1701D (USS Enterprise for the uneducated)..

TBH, that sounded pretty weak, and I doubt, propulsion wise, that it's going to replace a Class 9 Warp Drive with some dilithium crystals behind it. If Picard and Ryker were smiling, and a Klingon was still on his feet, it's probably not got much going for it on the chemical or bioweapons side, either.

Still, it's nice to know the replicator's programmed for Branston Baked Beans. :thumright:

[Culture Spod Mode:ON]

You are confusing your novels Carrots.

The Limiting Factor was from Player of Games. (Not a bad image though).

The “Armed, it can **** solar systems.” quote referred to the Psychopath Class ex-Rapid Offensive Unit Frank Exchange of Views from Excession.

[Culture Spod Mode:OFF]

I never managed to find a decent image of a GSV.
Excession is one of my favourite sci-fi books.

Would love to see it made into a movie or quality tv series.

Found this image of the GSV Sleeper Service on Wikipedia

I’m showing my age but I always liked the Liberator from Blake’s Seven.
View attachment 431009
I would have chose the Liberator as well, they don't make dystopian sci-fi like that anymore

Can you imagine the woke mess the BBC would make of it these days?

Can you imagine the woke mess the BBC would make of it these days?
They'd probably make the main ass-kicker and warry type a young black female.

I always felt the Crypt rocket from Dan Dare, 'The Man from Nowhere’ was exceptionally sleek.

Attachments

They'd probably make the main ass-kicker and warry type a young black female.
They had Dayna in the series she was pretty warry, but she had a proper back story and didn't seem to be shoe horned in for box ticking reasons like you'd expect these days

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
View attachment 431222

Utilitarian and apart from the obvious question of where's power actually coming from? I mean look at those venturis on the passenger module.
If thats a window on the underside of the 'beak' where are the pilots legs meant to go and why does it bare no relation to the actual cockpit interior?
But I always could believe it would fly.

The Dinky toy one would have ended up like they all did if removed from the box, looking kinda like this as the main engine cones were held on with Bazooka Joe:
View attachment 431223

I believe the green paint job was the same reason the UFO interceptor/Spectrum patrol vehicle and TB2 were all green in Dinkys line up - they had a lot of green paint.
I think you'll find that the SPV was a bluey colour as opposed to green. I know this because I had one, also this pic from eBay shows the same.
1574251929544.png

Excession is one of my favourite sci-fi books.

Would love to see it made into a movie or quality tv series.

Found this image of the GSV Sleeper Service on Wikipedia
Have to agree with you there.

Maybe there'd be sufficient 'woke' material in there that the creative powers wouldn't feel the need to mess with the story too much. I mean a male transitioning to female to allow two females to have simultaneous babies, followed by a bit of naughtiness and a very long gestation. The scenes near the beginning where Grey Area plays naughty with the "Einsatzgruppen" commander would surely also keep the left happy? The only bit that worries is whether they'd find the Affront too much of an affront.

But I'd like to see what an imaginative design team could do with Killing Time's arcline.

tgo

Old-Salt
Jo 90's car was blue also (I think mine was)

Wish I'd kept them all, I had pretty much everything bar whatever Captains Scarlet Red estate was, would be worth thousands now.

My favourite TV show at the time.

Venus (the character) was my first real love.

1574253428840.png

I think you can probably see where I'm coming from.

It seems that I have not yet grown out of such crushes. I quite fancy Meg from Family Guy.

1574253579933.png

You can say what you like about me, but you can't really fault my taste in birds.

The Dalek hoverbout

1574254539137.png

I loved the Daleks. Not in the same sexual way that I loved Venus or Meg, you understand. It was more an acknowledgement that they were truly the rightful Masters of the Universe.

The hoverbout went some way to mitigate the problem that Daleks had getting up steps.

Venus (the character) was my first real love.

View attachment 431605

I think you can probably see where I'm coming from.

It seems that I have not yet grown out of such crushes. I quite fancy Meg from Family Guy.

View attachment 431606

You can say what you like about me, but you can't really fault my taste in birds.
See, I told you all. It wasn't just me! I'm now either normal or an oppressed minority. And who could not have been taken with the lovely Penelope or TinTin Kyrano?

And harking back to Dan Dare, we have the intelligent and beautiful Professor Jocelyn Peabody.

That's odd. For the first time I've realized that my wife looks very much like Peabody but with darker, curlier hair.

Anyway, obligatory spacecraft ...

Latest Threads