Most Beautiful Aircraft

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Hells Angels...
1656450308872.png

Even better with the bubble canopy
1656450583186.png

I might be a bit biased, as I work with the thing, but I always thought the Hawk was fairly good looking in the TMk1 format.

1280px-2010_Hawk_Display_Jets_MOD_45151398.jpg

The Finns Midnight Hawks team aircraft (Hawk 51) look great.

midnighthawks2.jpg

Tyk

LE
I might be a bit biased, as I work with the thing, but I always thought the Hawk was fairly good looking in the TMk1 format.

1280px-2010_Hawk_Display_Jets_MOD_45151398.jpg

The Finns Midnight Hawks team aircraft (Hawk 51) look great.

midnighthawks2.jpg

The Hawk is a classic in the nice to look at stakes.

At Warton I spent more than a few minutes in one of the hangars where a Hawk was parked more or less under the wing of a Tornado, it was a very visually interesting sight. Huge brutal and boxy vs rather sleek and elegant, the contrast was marked. Would have made a great photo, but for obvious reasons that would have been a major no-no.

Had to go to Dorset last week.

National train strike on said a friend.
1656501351476.png

So they said lets fly down instead.....2 engines better than 1!

This is not the actual plane just a stock image.

Yep I think the crashes off Flamborough proved that, Binbrook, quick spin round the north sea, right we are at Flamborough, she is empty mate, we are going swimming.

I thought that second incident sounded familiar.
Apparently, according to some, the pilot was abducted by UFOs. :cyclopsani:

Yokel

LE
I grew up near what was then RAF Chivenor so I saw Hawks all the time - in those days they were grey/green. However I think that it looks more striking when painted black - this must have started when it was decided to paint all training aircraft black.

etps-hawk-jamie-hunter-qinetiq_57137.jpg

On a backwards looking tangent, I wonder what a black Jet Provost would have looked like?

Latest Threads