Most Beautiful Aircraft

stuskimac

Old-Salt
Luftwaffe 60?
Umm, I see the period 34-45 is conveniently airbrushed.

Screenshot (1503).png

Watch this !

@dingerr , it's got loads of shit about dets and that, shit i knew nothing about. King interesting about the gauges and stuff. Especially liked the incendiaries that just looked like a big box of Standard fireworks connected to a go switch.

exspy

LE
Watch this !
it's got loads of shit about dets and that, shit i knew nothing about. King interesting about the gauges and stuff. Especially liked the incendiaries that just looked like a big box of Standard fireworks connected to a go switch.

Interesting that each bomb had a firing pistol inserted in the nose and the tail.

Last edited:
Watch this !

@dingerr , it's got loads of shit about dets and that, shit i knew nothing about. King interesting about the gauges and stuff. Especially liked the incendiaries that just looked like a big box of Standard fireworks connected to a go switch.
@HE117 could probably give more detail.

They are wearing the shorts designed to put the fear of god into the Queens enemies !
( my brother has a pic on his wall of my dad in Malaysia, bare chested in similar with ammo boots, must have put the fear of god into the communists, they looked like he nicked them off gunner Sugden.!)

HE117

LE
You Rang?

Interesting film... The RAF inherited the use of "bomb pistols" from the RNAS who did much of the early development of bombing in WW1. A bomb pistol has no explosive components and simply contains a striker and arming mechanism. Pistols use a separate detonator and booster. This is different to a fuze, which contains pyrotechnic or explosive components. The detonators shown in the film were very simple to make, consisting of a brass fitting holding a modified shotgun cartridge base attached to a mining detonator. These detonators could incorporate pyrotechnic delay elements giving short delays. Long delay pistols were different and used a celluloid and solvent mechanism to give longer delays.

Many Naval weapons such as mines, torpedos and depth charges used pistols rather than fuzes. The original sea mines used actual flintlock pistols as the firing mechanism.

The high capacity "cookie" bomb mixed with incendiaries was a very effective method of destroying houses and factories. The blast bombs went first to smash up the building and produce wooden debris, which was then set on fire by the incendiaries. Cookies were very cheap to make and came in sections which got bolted togther at the bomb dump. AP and GP bombs were made from cast steel and were much more expensive..

You Rang?

Interesting film... The RAF inherited the use of "bomb pistols" from the RNAS who did much of the early development of bombing in WW1. A bomb pistol has no explosive components and simply contains a striker and arming mechanism. Pistols use a separate detonator and booster. This is different to a fuze, which contains pyrotechnic or explosive components. The detonators shown in the film were very simple to make, consisting of a brass fitting holding a modified shotgun cartridge base attached to a mining detonator. These detonators could incorporate pyrotechnic delay elements giving short delays. Long delay pistols were different and used a celluloid and solvent mechanism to give longer delays.

Many Naval weapons such as mines, torpedos and depth charges used pistols rather than fuzes. The original sea mines used actual flintlock pistols as the firing mechanism.

The high capacity "cookie" bomb mixed with incendiaries was a very effective method of destroying houses and factories. The blast bombs went first to smash up the building and produce wooden debris, which was then set on fire by the incendiaries. Cookies were very cheap to make and came in sections which got bolted togther at the bomb dump. AP and GP bombs were made from cast steel and were much more expensive..

I watched it with interest. I had no idea that so much went into making bombs such as the ones dropped from aircraft go off.
Crudely, I thought they were lobbed out and the action of hitting the ground made them go bang.

Another Brazilian beauty, the Embraer R99

800px-R99_-_RIAT_2007_%282370466415%29.jpg

Aeronaves_%C3%81gata_7_-_FAB_-_EMB145_Erieye.jpg
Have you actually read the title of this thread?

Whilst the aircraft you have pictured are not actually ugly, they are definitely not beautiful, not unless the fragrant Ms Abbott lies in the beautiful segment of the attractiveness spectrum.

Have you actually read the title of this thread?

Whilst the aircraft you have pictured are not actually ugly, they are definitely not beautiful, not unless the fragrant Ms Abbott lies in the beautiful segment of the attractiveness spectrum.
The lower one is quite aesthetically pleasing.
If you removed all the junk and the roof rack.
Like a buxom lass with face piercings and tattoos

Latest Threads