Most Beautiful Aircraft

[

Presumably sustained for long enough for the IAM to perform their studies on a repeating basis. From what I can find in the open press it was mainly about g-suit improvements and the ability to operate the cockpit interface while under high g.
Wonder why they didn’t go down the route of buying time in commercial centrifuges?

Thought they had a centrifuge at Farnbourgh as part of the school of aviation medicine?
They moved from Farnborough a couple of decades ago, now at Henlow. I don't know if the centrifuge moved with them.

I had forgotten about this one, but i think it has a certain pugnatiousness in it's looks. We're all familiar with the BAE Hawk as a two seat trainer, but there was a short lived single seat version in the Hawk 200. Sold as a basic single seat multi-role fighter, it could be employed for dogfighting, CAS, interdiction, anti-ship, basically anything (All I could hear in my head as I typed that was "Ve need a plane for bombing, straffing, assault and battery, interception, ground support and reconnaissance. Not just a fairweather fighter!")

Fitted with radar, 7 hardpoints and in flight refuelling, it was certainly capable and was reasonably priced for the time. It went into service with Indonesia, Malaysia and Oman and there had been plans for a version for the RSAF.

View attachment 565892

Attachments

• 1620132886132.png
    1620132886132.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 58

syrup

LE
They moved from Farnborough a couple of decades ago, now at Henlow. I don't know if the centrifuge moved with them.

We're both behind the times it's moved again, It's at Cranwell now.

Derelict aircraft have a beauty unto themselves. A Boeing 707 that survived the Black September bombings is finally being scrapped as Berlin Tegel is finally closed and there is nowhere else to put it. Scraps are being auctioned off too. An interesting article about how it got from Israel to Berlin during the Cold War. 707s seemed to be very Cold War-ish, even Ceausescu owned one that is now a air-to-air refueler for the Pentagon now.

Black September 707 article

Ceausescu 707 article

1620941475654.png

Latest Threads