Most Beautiful Aircraft

Welcome to Canada LB! Dont try and make tea in that abomination. Jump on a plane and head west. We'll make you a decent cuppa when you get here.
Cheers boss. Wish I could. Finish sim training tomorrow afternoon then out of here a couple of hours later heading back to Central Africa.

Ones eyes are the wrong shade of blue to score a couple of days extra to check out the place.

Looks hard as nails. Probably flew as well .
Oh it flew, but just didn't perform as well as the Hercules powered one.
I think MM will confer it, its quite rare for an aircraft to perform as well, when it's been designed to operate at maximum performance with a Radial engine. Then be expected to perform the same, with a liquid cooled in line engine. There have been exceptions, but not many. I think its all to do with weight and balance.
MM will probably be able to explain better than me.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Last edited:
I guess I'm not the only one saying 'Photoshop'?

I did wonder, but of the not very many images I can find of her majesty's aircraft wasting perfectly good stores I can't find one that matches the aspect and approach angle... so if faked probably done at the time with old fashioned methods...

1564789414437.png

1564789457624.png

1564789736106.png

1564789770108.png

The FW 190 changed from the BMW radial to a Jumo 213 inline and improved it's high altitude performance as well as giving it a sleeker look.
The Fw-190D and there was also the Ta-152 with long span wings;
31688_USA-14_Focke-Wulf Fw-190D-13_U11_c-n 836017_Ex WNr 836017 (D)_1945_Facebook.png

The early Ambrosini Saggitario was quite a looker.

sagittario.jpg

Interesting way to access the engine too. Maybe they should have called it the Alligatorio...

sagittario-1.jpg

Latest Threads