Most Beautiful Aircraft

SR71 Blackbird and MiG Fulcrum. Don't know why, just love the shape of them. There's an aircraft carrier museum moored in New York that has a SR71 on it, I went giddy when I got up close to it!

Crawled around the cockpit of a Canberra, did the RAF employ midgets?
I went around an air museum just next to RAF St Mawgan in Cornwall yesterday, the Canberra was quite roomy compared to the Harrier and Hunter that they let you clamber all over. Happy days.

SR71 Blackbird and MiG Fulcrum. Don't know why, just love the shape of them. There's an aircraft carrier museum moored in New York that has a SR71 on it, I went giddy when I got up close to it!
The Blackbird is one of those aircraft that, looks aside, just makes you stop and stare. A fair while ago now (Ex Lion Star 2005) I saw U2's taking off at Akrotiri and even though it lacks the beauty of the SR-71, Iwas just in awe watching it.

The Blackbird is one of those aircraft that, looks aside, just makes you stop and stare. A fair while ago now (Ex Lion Star 2005) I saw U2's taking off at Akrotiri and even though it lacks the beauty of the SR-71, Iwas just in awe watching it.
Have to say, I too was in awe watching the take off and landing of the U2 at Akrotiri from 1989 to 1991 - gotta love the weird shit with the Land Rover crew getting the wheel in place as it lands. Again, happy days!

I went around an air museum just next to RAF St Mawgan in Cornwall yesterday, the Canberra was quite roomy compared to the Harrier and Hunter that they let you clamber all over. Happy days.
Did you happen to notice which mark of Canberra it was? They had one variant (PR 9)?where the Navigator sat in the nose, to get in you had to open the nose, he strapped in and they closed it again. No forward view, just a side window. The ejection seat went up just in front of the pilot.

xh175-lrg.jpg
11-canberra.jpg

AfghanAndy

On ROPS
On ROPs
Did you happen to notice which mark of Canberra it was? They had one variant (PR 9)?where the Navigator sat in the nose, to get in you had to open the nose, he strapped in and they closed it again. No forward view, just a side window. The ejection seat went up just in front of the pilot.

View attachment 342731 View attachment 342732
Did they used to recruit from coal mining communities?