most annoying personal habit developed by mob service

definately 'Say again' or 'Send' during phonecalls

that and noting people's 'flash to bang' times and pointing out fit women/growlers/things by clock positions

*people with long hair are tramps
*more than a wedding ring is gay
*telling sick (very) jokes at work and wondering why only the x-army guys are laughing?
*the realisation that there are no nice looking lesbians like in all those videos and mags.
*when you tell someone at work to f**k off they report you to your boss!

Telling people not to whinge!
Being early for everything.
"Say again"!
Clean shoes and pressed kit.........noticed by most of the company staff!
Addicted to running at the ripe age of 46.........sad :cry:

fastmedic

"fella-ing" people.

"roger that" is not a recognised civvy street answer.

end of the day chaps......................"ONCE A CORPS MAN ALWAYS A CORPS MAN".

hurrah.

Pete Markham said:
Always being somewhere ten minutes before needed
It is better to be sat there waiting than wondering if you are going to make it on time.

Well thats what I always tell my missus when we turn up early for things. :)

being cynical of everything, after years of being around squaddies and all of our/their crap and imaginative excuses for things, I can usually see straight through civvie bullshite!

Being a proper tourettes syndrome barbie.

Timings flapping to be there 5 minutes before! But public transport working to make me 15 mins late :shakefist: generaly this inspires even better tourettes.

Using VP and confusing Uni staff and students :wink: me bad.......

Writeing with a straight edge also worries them............... 8O

all of the above and watching for sniper positions if Im walking anywhere....ah yes ...varying routes negating the possibility of an ambush.

One exception....Im never early but then I dont have to be....Im the boss :lol:

I echo "your last"!
My kids hate it when I say "By your beds in 10 for room inspection"!
and,
"The hardest one to get, the easiest one to loose" type talk from your boss.

If ever reaassurance was needed by CTW that all those VP lessons were not wasted!

What puzzles me, is; How is it, our VP is so much better around the home, then when you have a warm pressel in your hand?! Sure ain't a listening net at my locstat.

Most if not all of the above.
Five minutes early still means waiting for ten minutes for everyone else to turn up though.
Never being able to leave anything lying around - ever. Half fear of someone nicking it, half fear of the Razzman finding it.
Paranoia that I've forgotten something and that will be the one thing that'll be needed. Lists and pack / unpack / check / repack.
Noticing open pockets, bags etc and commenting on it.
The 'Brecon point', why?
Aldershot method of instruction for even the simplest task (tell 'em what you're going to tell 'em; telling 'em; telling 'em what you've told 'em).
Pencil sharpenened at both ends and notebook carried at all times.
VP on the 'phone - all around snigger and roll their eyes and yet I've never had anyone miss a deadline, drop a digit or screw up an order.
Interviews with / without coffee as appropriate.

The list goes on and on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B The NAAFI Bar 2
SKJOLD Current Affairs, News and Analysis 4
Mighty_doh_nut Aviation 10