Mosquito tents

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by danny842003, Feb 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got my black bag for H14 last week and we haven't been issued the mosquito tents. Are they issued in theatre? Or simply not used? I have one from H9 that's never been used as it was a winter tour. Would it be worth taking or not is it just a waste of space in my bags seen as i never got to pack a repack box? Im spending most of my time on bastion but theres a very good chance of spending a couple of months out at a FOB.

2. If you are going to the FOBs they are a must, not so much for mossies, but to stop Camel spiders and Scorpions making their home your bed. There are two sorts the one that just fits over your camp cot and a bigger walk in one that your camp cot goes inside of, when I was there, there was a pile of them in most locations.
    If you are staying in Bastion or Kaf they arent really needed.

3. I took mine from Telic to get there and find we got them issued in theatre, also you don't realy need one in bastion.

4. If they have them there i will just leave it then. Seem to have enough stuff to drag out there with me as it is.

5. Yeah wasnt expecting to need it in bastion. But cheers anyway

6. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

If you haven't got one and aren't likely to get one fret not, the outgoing lads will have loads left that you can pinch. Our bins were full of them when we left (With me in the bins pulling them back out to take home en masse!).

Plus the few times we went back in to Bastion to our tents we still put our nets up. All it takes is one of the bastards whilst you're dossing on and you're itching for days.