Mosque Attack in Brum

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by offhand, Jun 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Interesting how your opening statement is about blame.

I hope nobody was killed. Not read article yet as I'll wait for more info before wading in.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Does it? Where did you get that the arrested man was Somalian from in that report?
  3. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

4. I'll wait for a better, more official report before jumping to conclusions but I hope the copper makes a speedy recovery (and the other 3 too).

Regardless of this being/not being a hate crime, would the attacker be charged with attempted murder of the PC or a less crime?

edited: just read the BBC report. Looks like they will get the full nine yards of the law thrown at them.
  5. At the end of the sentence in brackets is (BBC) bit of a combat indicator - twas on the BBC news this morning.
  6. CPS will probably drop it to ABH.
  7. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  8. From the BBC

One churchgoer discovered another churchgoer was shagging his missus and took exception......

Happens all over the world every week..

Even Muslims are allowed to have sex.
  9. The morning news on Sky,

Four people stabbed at a Mosque in Birmingham.

Anti Government protests broken up in Istanbul.

Cameron and Putin to meet to discuss Syria ahead of the G8.

Car bombings across Iraq.

Plans to Censor Extremist Islamic material on the Internet.

Is there some sort of connection?.
  10. Yeah. It's all boring as ****.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. It's interesting to see how this is being spun by the media.

Even the Telegraph, after printing Charles Moore's excellent article Woolwich outrage: we are too weak to face up to the extremism in our midst - Telegraph, is using this to make a connection between violence in the vicinity of a mosque and the EDL. They quote Mohammed Shafiq, the leader of the national Muslim organisation; The Ramadan Foundation, whereby he looks to move the focus from a local argument involving muslims (and the subsequent stabbing of a policeman) to muslims being the victims of the EDL even though there is no connection what so ever. Three men and police officer stabbed at mosque - Telegraph
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Not really. The stabbing at the mosque is not necessarily connected to religion, the protests in Istanbul kicked off about planning permission being given for a shopping mall on a park and Syria and Iraq are civil wars.
  13. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Pretty much my take on it, too - 'Anti-Muslim extremists will look to take advantage of this'... erm, look here, a few people seem to be conforming to certain stereotypes and that's somehow supposed to be beyond criticism or reproach? Get a grip.
  14. From the Telegraph....

Recruiting officer for the EDL I aint nor have I attended any of their meetings but I do feel it is fair to say they do not have any Somali's amongst their ranks....

The press risk a backlash from either side of the equation, if they play the EDL angle to often then it will bring the UAF out to attack their demos's and take other opportunities as and when they can.