Moshtarak Begins

Let's all hope that heaven runs short of virgins very quickly and all our forces and allies acheive their objectives quickly and successfully. I for one will be thinking about the lads and lasses whilst they do their thing. Best of luck to all of you out there and send as many of them taliban cnuts to Allah as you can, I'm sure he'll be happy to welcome them.

Godspeed, and the very best of luck to us Brits, and our allies. I know we are all taking time to think about how extremely proud we are to have such an elite and brave army in battle,at this very moment.

My thoughts are with the British soldiers and their allies, good luck guys and keep safe! I also feel for the families at home, there must be nothing worse in this world than waiting and not knowing.

zazabell_012 said:
My thoughts are with the British soldiers and their allies, good luck guys and keep safe! I also feel for the families at home, there must be nothing worse in this world than waiting and not knowing.
It wasn't until I left and my bn went back to Afghan without me that I realised what it was like for the families back home. When you're out there, you feel that you have some control over what happens. When you're back home, there's nothing you can do but feel like a jack bastard and wait for the news.

Best of luck to the troops. Kick Terry's cunt in!

Punk_trooper said:
my soul is with the troops, dont think ill sleep tonight...
Thats a bit full-on chief! Some of my very best friends are taking part in it and I slept like a log.

Edited due to realising you have not yet joined and I was being a little bit flippant to someone who doesn't yet know what the score is! You will discover mate, amongst professional soldiers, this will all be water under the bridge.

The fact that some French soldiers are involved in this Op is often overlooked. Part of the French OMLT to Kandak 31 is visible on the top left corner of the pic, standing on their VAB APC during one of the initial briefings before the beginning of the Op.

The French OMLT belong to the 21 RIMa.

Voltiguer said:
Who are the blokes mixed in with the Brits in the foreground then, wearing the floppy hats and different cam?

Estonians? Danes?
I'd say Estonian as one Dane can be made out on the right edge of the pic wearing a dirty greenish beret and his camouflage is slightly different than the floppy hat cam, with patches of brown plainly visible...

Solitary Dane - seen. I had no idea of Estonia's role within ISAF/Herrick/RCS - know they have some blokes out there but not what they do. Cheers for enlightening me.

As for the wider op - best of luck to 'em!

Latest Threads