Mortgages for foreign property

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Divermedic, Jan 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am seriously looking at buying an apartment abroad and need a mortgage for this. Unfortunately there are none available in this country. Does anyone know of any UK Banks or institutions that offer mortgages for buying foreign property.

Any help or advice will be appreciated. :?

2. HSBC did it for me, but I used the increased equity from my UK property to do so. Also HSBC is big where I am.
    May I suggest you log onto an EXPAT's group in the country you wish to go to? Just tap in the info on any search engine.
    Good luck!
    Staaken

3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Roughly where abroad?

4. Yes ,exactly where .

Look for UK banks and BS with companies in the country you are trying to buy in.

IE: Abbey National Offshore Spain
    Abbey National Italy.

Use the power of the Internet Luke!.

Euro Offshore account In Guernsey? Pay directly into a Euro Bank in Euros.

5. Looking at a property in Egypt, by the Red Sea. I have spoke to the developers and they say there are no financial instituions there and I will have to source my own mortgage. I have had a look on the net and can't find anything unless it's Spain.

6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Ok I can do this for you dependant on certain criteria such as where the property is and who the developer is. I will need to discuss this with you so that we can put the case for the loan to the lenders. That is if your interested, if so msg me and I can give you my company contact details.

7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Divermedic

I have tried replying to your pm but the message seems to be getting stcuk in my out box. if you could drop me a msg with and external e-mail I will respond to that with my contact details.

8. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The message will stay in your outbox until the addressee next logs in/reads it, when it will move to your sent box.

9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Yep Guess who didn't read the "how to" section on messaging? If theres a nomination for Hat of the week, I propose myself!

10. Thanks Biscuits,

got the info.

Cheers