Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by annie1969, May 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone out there work in Mortgages? Need some help!!
  2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Yes a few do, what do you need annie
  3. Long story. Sold my house, have 96K for deposit, so need 196K for new house. Mortgage is with Santander is portable at 1%. my credit score is 999 Husbands is 1000, It's perfectly affordable as we can mortgage up to 450K. Santander has declined it twice with no reason. Can they just be trying to shove me out my 1% mortgage that they need to match? The advisor said to take it to underwriters but I'm worried that if they decline again I won't have a hope of getting a mortgage elsewhere. Spoke to an independant advisor who said he would have several mortgages for me to choose from by 10am tomorrow as I need one for 11.30 on Friday so I can bid on the house I want but that will be a much higher interest rate. Can't decide which way to go and was looking for advice.
  4. Be a chooser, not a beggar. Biccies can help
  5. Don't do cryptic tonight my brains fried... :)
  6. Biccies or Young Mr Lee. Good luck Annie xxx
  7. Thanks snail x
  8. Use the independent bloke.
  9. Im going to use what he comes up with so that I can put the offer in on Friday as that house is on a closing date. Feel I should fight Santander on principal though especially with the low interest rate.
  10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

If the loan is portable then you are getting the big "F**K off" from Santander, however you need to check the small print on your contract as they may be in breech of contract.

I'd suggest sorting this out before rushing in to buy another property as for the independent adviser if they are independent they will be charging you a fee so they really should be looking to help see how you can retain your existing product rather than flog you a new one.

Keeping hold of a 1% loan for as long as you can should be your primary aim. Getting a new house at any cost ( ie massive increase in % rate) that's not such a smart move.

I'm pm'ing you my mobile ring me in the morning and we can run through it properly.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. You'll get a mortgage elsewhere don't worry.
    Edit to add trust bickies.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Thanks. You've really echoed what I was thinking. I've the lawyers at 10.30 and he's bringing me an agreement in principal, said that was all I needed to put an offer in. I'll call you when I get back?
  13. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Normally I'd agree mate however in this instance why the hell has he not gone to Santander and asked them what they hell they are playing at.

hmm two hells in less than 20 words must be over tired.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I've pinged her my real name on FB so she can catch up with you.
  15. No fee in that! /cynic

Does RDR impact mortgages, then? No more proc fees?

( I don't have MAQ, rather obviously... I'm pensions, me)